Windows 10: Windows randome file date changes

Discus and support Windows randome file date changes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason, my windows file system is changing the dates of my files for no reason. I'll put them in the folder and order them with the date or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdwardBeyer, May 1, 2019.

1. Windows randome file date changes

For some reason, my windows file system is changing the dates of my files for no reason. I'll put them in the folder and order them with the date or name tab and close the folder. when i come back to it, all the files have different dates ranging up to 2009! I don't know what to do here. I have a Hp Omen Version 1809 Windows 10 Home laptop. Can anyone help me?

:)

EdwardBeyer, May 1, 2019
  2. pintree3 Win User

How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough

I used SKTimeStamp to change the dates of a file. However, I noticed it could only change 3 dates:
    Date Created
    Last Modified
    Last Accessed
    A search for such a utility often suggests "BulkFileChanger (BFC)" which seems to do the exact same thing: only these 3 dates.
    However, if I right click on a file, for example a Word file, there 2 other dates listed:
    Content Created
    Date last Saved

Hence the above two utilities are not good enough. Is there a utility (or way) out there to change all dates including the last 2 mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

pintree3, May 1, 2019
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 1, 2019
  4. Windows randome file date changes

random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows randome file date changes

1. Windows randome file date changes - Similar Threads - randome file date

2. File date change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File date change: Last week I opened my onedrive to see the dates of 2 files have been altered. I looked at my sign in history that shows I uploaded and modified them in February I didn’t but strangely the IP address is the same. I tried to modify the dates on both my iOS app and PC Windows,...
  3. File date change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File date change: Last week I opened my onedrive to see the dates of 2 files have been altered. I looked at my sign in history that shows I uploaded and modified them in February I didn’t but strangely the IP address is the same. I tried to modify the dates on both my iOS app and PC Windows,...
  4. Change music file dates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change music file dates: I have been advised that by changing all the "date created" music files in a folder and sub folders to the same date will help my player play them back in random order more effectively, and it seems to be working. I'm doing it by basically copying the files into a new folder...
  5. Change music file dates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change music file dates: I have been advised that by changing all the "date created" music files in a folder and sub folders to the same date will help my player play them back in random order more effectively, and it seems to be working. I'm doing it by basically copying the files into a new folder...
  6. Change music file dates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Date and time changing randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Date and time changing randomly: Hey guys so recenlty my windows 10 decieded it would randomly change the date and time at random intervals. I tried to restart my pc and reinstall windows to no avail, it also doesnt show my volume or anything in my right hand side task bar. just network time and date....
  8. Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures

Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures: Hi, I have noticed this happening several times now. I am currently sorting my photos and doing albums with Photos. However, it turns out that Photos sometimes changes the dates on some of the photos, so that afterwards, they appear in a messed up order in the Photos gallery....
  9. change date of a file

change date of a file: Please tell me how to change the creation date and modification date of a file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-of-a-file/bb7e76a2-aca7-46a3-b941-8e1cdd55cec1"
  10. File creation date is changed

File creation date is changed: The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-creation-date-is-changed/486fc3cc-7ace-4dca-8dd7-ba03bd9c631b"