Windows 10: Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish

Discus and support Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It happens very rarely, maybe once per 2 months but it usually happens when PC had been running for a while. Windows becomes very slow and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RIPSkelly, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish

It happens very rarely, maybe once per 2 months but it usually happens when PC had been running for a while. Windows becomes very slow and unresponsive, programs take ages to open. I thought this was maybe a memory leak but task manager shows low cpu/ram usage. In fact, nothing seems out of the ordinary, everything looks the same but windows just becomes VERY slow. Rebooting fixes this issue. Any idea what it could be?

EDIT: I might have figured out why it happens. It is due to Malware Bytes real time protection. Exiting the program immediately makes PC fast again

submitted by /u/RIPSkelly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RIPSkelly, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Nov 6, 2019
  3. JBP67 Win User
    Windows Upgrade makes for Sluggish Computer

My Windows 10 machine forced an upgrade the other day. It took easily several hours and now I'm stuck with a machine that is very sluggish. Everything works as intended, but I'm moving in slow speeds. The internet connection speed is fine and the machine
    is still usable, but I'm used to a bit less waiting. Thanks for any suggestions.

JBP67, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish

1. Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish - Similar Threads - randomly becomes very

2. Windows has become very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has become very slow: Windows has become very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-become-very-slow/b1bbb7a5-c03e-4e42-87eb-e4881d8641b9
  3. Windows has become very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows has become very slow: Windows has become very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-become-very-slow/b1bbb7a5-c03e-4e42-87eb-e4881d8641b9
  4. Windows has become very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  6. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  7. Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs: Hey, as of yesterday my computer has been extremely slow and struggles to even open chrome/ video games or scan it’s storage Task manager isn’t running anything passively and I’m not sure what’s causing itAny help would be great thank you...
  8. Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs

Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs: Hey, as of yesterday my computer has been extremely slow and struggles to even open chrome/ video games or scan it’s storage Task manager isn’t running anything passively and I’m not sure what’s causing itAny help would be great thank you...
  9. pc randomly becoming very very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly becoming very very slow: i have an infuriating issue, where every so often, my computer will slow down immensely, apps stop responding, even the mouse cursor lags. i have no idea what causes this, as there is no way to know and whenever it happens i open up task manager to all of the component load...
  10. pc randomly becoming very very slow

pc randomly becoming very very slow: i have an infuriating issue, where every so often, my computer will slow down immensely, apps stop responding, even the mouse cursor lags. i have no idea what causes this, as there is no way to know and whenever it happens i open up task manager to all of the component load...