Windows 10: Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing'

Discus and support Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'd usually google a problem but I just dont know where to start and ive been trying for 2 weeks now: While I'm using my computer it will randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JacobToller, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing'

I'd usually google a problem but I just dont know where to start and ive been trying for 2 weeks now:

While I'm using my computer it will randomly break or 'partially freeze'. It has done this since I reinstalled windows from a usb stick I made using the WMCT.

When it does this it I can still interact with some stuff, but it does the following:

• The clock will stop working, and will stay on the same time it was when it froze
    • the laptop trackpad will stop working and the scrollwheel of my mouse will also stop working, while I can still move the cursor by moving the mouse.
    • I can click the start button, but it will not show any programs
    • when I right click the taskbar and click 'task manager' it will not open taskmanager, and will leave a ghost image of the button Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing' 69be4169-37c6-4543-a16d-459f8fd7284b?upload=true.png
    • Audio stops working
    • Programs will stop working and freeze, discord will freeze completely, and when I watch youtube using chrome, the audio stops working, and then starts buffering and then freezes.

The only way I can get out of all this is to force a shutdown by holding the power button. This is only a temporary solution as it always seems to happen again. When I do this it sometimes loses the time and will show the time it froze at until it gets a chance to reconnect with the time server.

Extra Details:

Hardware wise, I am using a Dell XPS 15 9570, with an i5 8300H, gtx 1050 and 8gb of ram.

:)

JacobToller, Nov 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing'

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing'

1. Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing' - Similar Threads - randomly breaking 'partially

2. Windows Partially Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Partially Freezing: Hello, I've been experiencing random freezing to which my screen will freeze and become unresponsive to commands. I can move the mouse, but all things either freeze, leave ghost images or I cant interact with all together. I've had two incidents three days apart in which...
  3. Windows 10 freezes, but remains partially working.

Windows 10 freezes, but remains partially working.: Hi all. I have a 4790K/1660ti/32ram. It will freeze randomly 5 minutes-several hours after boot. I have had cooling problems lately, but this is happening 30-50 degrees celsius when it is fairly idle. It will freeze, but not really. The mouse still works, the start menu...
  4. screen freeze and audio break randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen freeze and audio break randomly: Hello i have this problem. My laptop randomly freezes. i found that maybe it can help. Περιγραφή Διαδρομή ελαττωματικής εφαρμογής: C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO3x\DTSAPO3Service.exe Υπογραφή προβλήματος Όνομα συμβάντος προβλήματος: BEX64 Application Name:...
  5. Windows partially freezes

Windows partially freezes: Hello. For quite some time now I have the Problem that my PC freezes every few minutes. If I remember right this problem occurred already pretty early, I think a few days, after I upgraded my PC from Win7 to Win10. But it's not like a complete freeze of the whole PC, but...
  6. Windows 10 Partial Freeze

Windows 10 Partial Freeze: I recently built a computer from and installed a new copy of Windows 10 on it. Everything was working fine until one day I started downloading software from the components company e.g. MSI afterburner & Corsair iCUE. Shortly after that, while I was in a Fullscreen...
  7. Browser playback randomly breaking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser playback randomly breaking: Every now and again, when I return to my PC and try to start a youtube video in Firefox, the video would just load the first frame and then permanently load, staying on that frame. This happens on firefox, chrome and edge, and I had playback problems on youtube, vimeo,...
  8. Random files break

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random files break: i have some files that randomly stop working and they have a little grey icon on the original icon it happend to some game files and a txt document and now none of those file can be read or edited please help...
  9. windows freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows freezing randomly: for the last few days my laptop (with windows 10) is freezing randomly ,specially when i am trying to open my movies folder and try to delete something.After 5 -7 mins explorer start to work again but then it started to freezing randomly ......
  10. Latest weather app update partially breaks the live tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest weather app update partially breaks the live tile: Beware. I just went into store and manually checked for updates. Updates for News, Money, Sport and Weather native apps came down the pipe. The update for the weather app has partially broken it's live tile. It works but it refuses to cycle. And then if you actually open the...