Windows 10: Windows randomly BSOD no explanation

Discus and support Windows randomly BSOD no explanation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PC specs: IntelR CoreTM i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz Gigabyte Z77-D3H 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz 250 WD Green SSD Cooler Master Bronze 80PLUS 650W Asus ROG Strix RX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TechNo1geek, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows randomly BSOD no explanation

PC specs:

IntelR CoreTM i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz Gigabyte Z77-D3H 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz 250 WD Green SSD Cooler Master Bronze 80PLUS 650W
    Asus ROG Strix RX 570 OC 8GB Gaming < *new*

So recently I bought a new GPU previously ran on iGPU and went to reinstall Windows 10 Home, on the installation there were already problems,

1. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

2. Then the infinite circle of spinning dots appeared with just a moment...

at this point I had reinstalled windows 3 times, with 2 different drives, changed the ChildCompletion to 3, finally it installed but after a few minuets of web browsing it BSODed with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." It turns of but never restarts.

Please can someone help me

- Thanks Leo Lan

:)

TechNo1geek, Jan 14, 2021
  2. bbmarley Win User

BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

Windows randomly BSOD no explanation 2e3s7lz.jpg

bbmarley, Jan 14, 2021
  3. ElderJohn Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Windows randomly BSOD no explanation

Windows 10 randomly goes to BSOD/crashing

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing the BSOD error while playing games, please share the information:

• Is the issue particular to a game or all games?
    • Are the games downloaded from Windows Store?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the graphic card driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Also, refer the link provided below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows randomly BSOD no explanation

1. Windows randomly BSOD no explanation - Similar Threads - randomly BSOD explanation

2. Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation: This happens sometimes when I close a game and sometimes happens in the middle of a game. The system just shuts down and reboots by itself sort of like a restart, I checked the event viewer and this what it gives meif that helps, someone please tell me what is...
  3. Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation: This happens sometimes when I close a game and sometimes happens in the middle of a game. The system just shuts down and reboots by itself sort of like a restart, I checked the event viewer and this what it gives meif that helps, someone please tell me what is...
  4. Windows update stuck with no explanation

Windows update stuck with no explanation: I havent seen any updates for my windows and somehow when i checked in this happens and i dont really know if this actually updating or something happening...
  5. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update stuck with no explanation: I havent seen any updates for my windows and somehow when i checked in this happens and i dont really know if this actually updating or something happening...
  6. Windows biometrics randomly stops working without explanation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows biometrics randomly stops working without explanation.: Why is this a common thread in Win 10 and 11 reported problems but to date no usable permanent solution has been produced. I have found a work around through hours of searching. Anyone who is finding this regular issue, at least every two to three months from my experience,...
  7. Windows biometrics randomly stops working without explanation.

Windows biometrics randomly stops working without explanation.: Why is this a common thread in Win 10 and 11 reported problems but to date no usable permanent solution has been produced. I have found a work around through hours of searching. Anyone who is finding this regular issue, at least every two to three months from my experience,...
  8. driver verifier bsod error explanation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver verifier bsod error explanation: i have crashes with my laptop.i believe the reason is a driver this is the event viewer log after bsod with driver verifier.thanks if you answer to me. Όνομα αρχείου καταγραφής:System Προέλευση: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Ημερομηνία: 5/3/2021 11:34:11 μμ...
  9. Need explanation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need explanation: If my dxdiag shows me dx12, why i cant play games with dx11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-explanation/6318ba80-7e5d-4f02-afeb-26d913973da4
  10. PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD: This is extremely annoying. New PC, built it myself about a month ago, no prior experience. System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING, MX330 ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker Windows 10 pro. Had some kinks to work out in the first week...