Windows 10: Windows randomly decided to link to my wife's account.

Discus and support Windows randomly decided to link to my wife's account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am struggling to keep my temper under control because I am so fed up with dealing with this programs inane stupidity. I have had a PC for a couple... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CobanShaw, Feb 25, 2021.

1. CobanShaw Win User

Windows randomly decided to link to my wife's account.

I am struggling to keep my temper under control because I am so fed up with dealing with this programs inane stupidity. I have had a PC for a couple years. It was linked to my Microsoft account. A week or so ago, my step son used the Xbox app to log onto his mothers account, since he uses it for games, and he wanted to try "No Mans sky". My computer started having issues. I opened setting and saw that my wife;s account is showing as the primary account, and I can't remove it. I can add mine, and manage it, but it is listed as a secondary account. I tried to log on with my Microsoft info, and the PC created an entire new profile for me, with a new desktop and everything. Tell me how to fix this.

:)

CobanShaw, Feb 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 only allows login with Microsoft account, my Wife's account is not available on login screen.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

This issue might have occurred if your Wife account was a Local Account and when you have Synchronized your Microsoft Account to play Mine craft game, your Wife local account might have got synchronized to your Microsoft Account and
    hence the user account is your Microsoft Account now. However to be sure if this is the issue, I suggest you to check how many user accounts are listed on the laptop.

1. Login to the system with your ID and password.

2. Now right click on the Start menu
    and select Control panel.

3. Open User Accounts.

4. Now select Manage another account.

5. Check if your Wife user account is listed there.

If your Wife account is not listed there then it means your Microsoft account is synchronized with the local account. In this case you can convert the account in to local Account again. However we suggest you to create another
    Microsoft Account as it is required to download and play games and apps from Windows Store.

Step 1: To convert Microsoft Account into Local Account.

1. Click on the Start Menu and select
    settings.

2. Now select Accounts.

3. Click on the Your e-mail and accounts
    and click on the option Sign in with a Local account instead.

4. follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 2: To create New Microsoft user account.

You can refer to the link below for more information on
    how to create new user account:

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

For reference: One email address to sign in everywhere

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows randomly decided to link to my wife's account. :(

Zakin, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows randomly decided to link to my wife's account. - Similar Threads - randomly decided link

2. removing Ex wife off my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing Ex wife off my account: I am attempting to remove my ex-wife off my Family Safety account. I am the owner of the account. She is listed as a Family Organizer. When I tried remove her it tell me toclick on "Remove Consent" for this member under options. When I click on their options it doesn't have...
  3. HDD randomly decides to not function.

HDD randomly decides to not function.: So, I have a laptop that is about 3 yrs old, and recently, it decides to randomly stop reading the HDD. This can happen if the laptop is sleeping, or even if you are working with it. The laptop works on SSD HDD combination, so while it keeps on functioning, I lose any ability...
  4. HDD randomly decides to not function.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD randomly decides to not function.: So, I have a laptop that is about 3 yrs old, and recently, it decides to randomly stop reading the HDD. This can happen if the laptop is sleeping, or even if you are working with it. The laptop works on SSD HDD combination, so while it keeps on functioning, I lose any ability...
  5. HDD randomly decides to not function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  7. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  8. Remove wife's account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove wife's account.: So my wife has her own PC now. I'm trying to free up space on my PC. If I remove her from my PC through the family settings, will that cause problems for her account on her PC?...
  9. My wife is on my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My wife is on my account: Microsoft want allow my wife to use Office 365 on our computer. It seems to have as needing an account in her name???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-is-on-my-account/e5b78438-b155-4545-80b6-347833b83c4e"
  10. Open an account for my wife

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Open an account for my wife: I have tried to find a way to open an extra account for my wife but all links just open my existing account and the only link on there is to add any existing accounts I might have...