Windows 10: Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot

Discus and support Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I'm using Win10 with an MSI B450-A PRO motherboard.Typically, I see the mobo splash screen with "press Del for BIOS setup", etc..., then the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Huseyin Can Onel, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot

Hi,I'm using Win10 with an MSI B450-A PRO motherboard.Typically, I see the mobo splash screen with "press Del for BIOS setup", etc..., then the Windows logo immediately, and Windows boots successfully.But lately, the PC occasionally gets stuck at the mobo splash screen without any apparent reason. Moreover, the keyboard also becomes unresponsive: pressing any of the keys shown on the screen Del, F11, or Ctrl+F5 has no effect. The only option is to turn off the PC by hitting the power button and turning it on again manually. After rebooting the PC this way, sometimes the booting process get

:)

Huseyin Can Onel, Aug 5, 2022
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Randomly failing to load webpages?

On my computer, Google Chrome, IE9 and Firefox 4 all randomly fail to load webpages. A few quick points:

• This happens even on a fresh install of Windows (and on my previous install as well)
    • I thought it might have been my ISP's DNS server failing, so I switched to Google DNS and it still randomly fails
    • My router is a homemade machine featuring a 2GHz P4 Celeron, 256MB SDR memory, and a 512MB CF card as the hard drive running the generic x86 DD-WRT client
    • I've rebooted my modem/router many times and the problem persists
    • I am no longer using my surge protector to protect my modem, the coaxial cable runs straight from the wall to the modem
    What should I do?

3. John Vil Win User
    Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot

Unresponsive keyboard issue

Hi everyone,

Have a bit of an issue with Windows 10. Occasionally after an update something will go wrong and the PC will boot into the automatic repair. However when I get to the choose keyboard input screen, the keyboard and mouse are totally unresponsive.

Usually this goes a away after a couple of restarts, but it seems quite stuck now. The keyboard works fine to get me into Bios but after that goes back to the same unresponsive state.

If anyone had any idea of a possible fix I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
    Ricky

musket the dog, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot

1. Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot - Similar Threads - randomly fails booting

2. [SOLVED]Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [SOLVED]Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it...: Pc Screen starts to glitch, recently my bluetooth mouse stopped working only the keyboard works now and since then the problem is revurring , the pc just suddenly goes on a rampage, the whole screen starts glitching left right and if I get scared that its about to explode and...
  3. Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it just goes on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it just goes on: Pc Screen starts to glitch, recently my bluetooth mouse stopped working only the keyboard works now and since then the problem is revurring , the pc just suddenly goes on a rampage, the whole screen starts glitching left right and if I get scared that its about to explode and...
  4. Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot: Hi,I'm using Win10 with an MSI B450-A PRO motherboard.Typically, I see the mobo splash screen with "press Del for BIOS setup", etc..., then the Windows logo immediately, and Windows boots successfully.But lately, the PC occasionally gets stuck at the mobo splash screen...
  5. Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly fails booting, keyboard becomes unresponsive, sometimes fixed upon reboot: Hi,I'm using Win10 with an MSI B450-A PRO motherboard.Typically, I see the mobo splash screen with "press Del for BIOS setup", etc..., then the Windows logo immediately, and Windows boots successfully.But lately, the PC occasionally gets stuck at the mobo splash screen...
  6. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  7. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  8. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy: Hello, I have some issues with my wireless mouse,it is a brand new gembird mouse,and it becomes unresponsive and laggy sometimes,so I would please you to tell me everything I can do to fix this issue. My Windows version is : Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)....
  10. my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer freezes and becomes unresponsive upon awakening: i have windows 10. it started two days back that when i put it to sleep or hibernate, the screen goes black with mouse cursor visible but nothing gets out of it. i can wait for hours but screen doesnt return unless i restart it which obviously looses my data/ work unsaved....