Windows 10: Windows randomly flash not responding when interacting

Discus and support Windows randomly flash not responding when interacting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and I have been loving it. But today, most windows have begun to flash not responding when I interact with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by karstenes, Aug 20, 2015.

1. karstenes Win User

Windows randomly flash not responding when interacting

Hello,
    I recently updated to windows 10 and I have been loving it. But today, most windows have begun to flash not responding when I interact with them (ie clicking, typing). This doesn't happen all the time but enough to interrupt my work. If you need any files or anything, just ask.
    Thanks, Karsten
    (PS: This might be a graphic card problem but I don't know so I posted it here)

:)

karstenes, Aug 20, 2015
  2. yys89 Win User

notebook keyboard and touchpad randomely stop wirking

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga Ultrabook.

I have fairly recently upgraded to Windows 10. Just recently I've started having the following issue:

Randomly and with no warning, a pop-up on the lower-right-hand corner of my screen (where system and other messages usually pop-up) asks whether I'd like to switch to tablet mode, and at the same time my built in keyboard and touchpad stop responding while
    my touchscreen and computer continue working as normal. After a while my keyboard and touchpad start responding again. This happens even when I'm not interacting with my computer at all and haven't touched the screen, touchpad or any buttons (the message comes
    up and following this when I try using the keyboard or touchpad, they don't respond for a while).

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

yys89, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Cortana interaction on a PC in Windows 10

I see that Cortana responds to voice interactions but what about those of us who don't have microphones - will Cortana respond to interactions using a keyboard and a mouse instead of a microphone on Desktop computers?

PeterNaughton, Aug 20, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

It's the KB3081444 update, remove that. You are lucky you can even log in, most people can't.

You may have to do a system restore.

XweAponX, Aug 24, 2015
  5. karstenes Win User
    Ok removing it now, lets see how this goes

karstenes, Aug 24, 2015
  6. karstenes Win User
    Removed the update, but stuff is still not responding. Not as frequently but it is still happening

karstenes, Aug 25, 2015
  7. XweAponX Win User
    Look for another KB3081441, remove that as well.

XweAponX, Aug 28, 2015
  8. karstenes Win User

cant seem to remove that one

karstenes, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows randomly flash not responding when interacting - Similar Threads - randomly flash responding

2. Applications not responding at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications not responding at random: Good day,I am an administrator for my company and one of the users has been having this one issue for the last month or so.Issue:While the user uses the laptop. The programs they are using stop responding at random. There are no errors. Resources are not being overused as the...
  3. Applications not responding at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications not responding at random: Good day,I am an administrator for my company and one of the users has been having this one issue for the last month or so.Issue:While the user uses the laptop. The programs they are using stop responding at random. There are no errors. Resources are not being overused as the...
  4. Files explorer not responding when i interact with files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files explorer not responding when i interact with files: I was downloading files for work as usual, went to extract the zip file but the second i clicked on it the entire files explorer just stops responding and hits me with the blue circle. It takes far too long and i end the task with task manager. After that my whole desktop...
  5. Explorer.exe Not responding when interacting with files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer.exe Not responding when interacting with files: So I recently enountered this problem that when I try to drag, open or even delete file explorer just freeze it's self and now I can't access my files because of this problem...
  6. Command window randomly flashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command window randomly flashes: Hello, I am using Windows 10 and have an office 365 subscription. For a while now I notice the command window quickly flashes. This seems to happen every time my computer wakes up from sleep or reboots as well as other random times. I've run Widows defender virus scans...
  7. Top of window randomly flashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Top of window randomly flashing: You know what the top of a window looks like? Yeah, sometimes it just randomly flashes, and for about a few milliseconds, the top of the window kind of looks like windows 7. It's not a huge deal, but fixing it would be nice. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Nf1xAXrY0...
  8. Search bar is not responding to any interactions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar is not responding to any interactions: This bug has been going on for me for a few days now and I dont know how to fix it. I am trying to use the search bar on windows 10 and it isnt opening up. I can click it but it doesnt show any response to it. Here is a link to a gif I took of me trying to click it...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft...

Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft...: When I interact with certain Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. files File Explorer freezes and enters a state of Not Responding. Even if I only click on the files once to select, not even opening. I am able to open the files without any problem directly from the respective app...
  10. Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding"

Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding": I have a brand new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G (GT72 6QE aka -034 model). I got it from XoticPC.com, and the only changes were to use IC Diamond thermal compound, to swap out the generic m.2 SSD for a Samsung 850 EVO, and to do a clean Windows 10 install (including drivers) so I...