Windows 10: Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

Discus and support Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started having this problem after I fixed my nvlddmkm.sys crash, where my pc would suddenly just freeze up but the audio continues and just stutters.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CandyCaneE, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

I started having this problem after I fixed my nvlddmkm.sys crash, where my pc would suddenly just freeze up but the audio continues and just stutters. No BSOD comes at all, and I have to manually power down. I tried to do the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and then use SFC/scannow to repair windows. But it continues happening, and SFC/scannow says no integral violations found.

:)

CandyCaneE, Nov 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

1. Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters - Similar Threads - randomly freezes audio

2. PC Random very short freezes or stutters and audio buzzes or cuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Random very short freezes or stutters and audio buzzes or cuts: Hey, so I just built a PC. I am having an aggravating problem. Two Really. First problem is the big one for me because it's making it hard to play games and just enjoy the pc itself. My pc only when playing games, it seems like, it will randomly freeze for maybe half a...
  3. PC Random very short freezes or stutters and audio buzzes or cuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Random very short freezes or stutters and audio buzzes or cuts: Hey, so I just built a PC. I am having an aggravating problem. Two Really. First problem is the big one for me because it's making it hard to play games and just enjoy the pc itself. My pc only when playing games, it seems like, it will randomly freeze for maybe half a...
  4. Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters: I started having this problem after I fixed my nvlddmkm.sys crash, where my pc would suddenly just freeze up but the audio continues and just stutters. No BSOD comes at all, and I have to manually power down. I tried to do the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth,...
  5. Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters: I started having this problem after I fixed my nvlddmkm.sys crash, where my pc would suddenly just freeze up but the audio continues and just stutters. No BSOD comes at all, and I have to manually power down. I tried to do the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth,...
  6. Audio Stuttering and Pc Freezing Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Stuttering and Pc Freezing Randomly: This issue is driving me insane for a while I've dealt with it but I really would like to get rid of it if possible. Sometimes when I'm using my computer it will randomly have what I like to call micro freezes/stutters where the mouse freezes, the audio stutters and gets...
  7. Random Audio Stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Audio Stutter: So I've been having this problem for a while now,for example when I watch a youtube video and simultaneousely open a random program theres a chance my audio can stutter, or when windows is going through random processes in general (doesn't matter what it is).I'm wondering if...
  8. seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004: almost everytime I play a game or watch a video at a random time after starting the sound and video start freezing at a consistent rythm. the mouse lags too. i dont know exaclty what triggers it honestly the only time ive been able to recreate this issue is when installing a...
  9. latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter: hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive...
  10. Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing: Hi, my computer will always randomly freeze for 1-3 seconds when I do normal tasks (like using chrome and skype). The freezes cause audio and mouse to also freeze during that time. I tried to swap CPUs, get a new mobo, use different RAM and nothing works. I've got this...