Windows 10: windows randomly freezes few seconds after login related to 2nd hard drive

Discus and support windows randomly freezes few seconds after login related to 2nd hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an ASUS k72f laptop, which has 2 hdd SATA interfaces, so few years ago I changed the main hdd to an SSD, and more "recently" I added a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jorgemarmo, Jan 28, 2021.

1. windows randomly freezes few seconds after login related to 2nd hard drive

Hi,

I have an ASUS k72f laptop, which has 2 hdd SATA interfaces, so few years ago I changed the main hdd to an SSD, and more "recently" I added a second, mechanical HDD.

So from time to time, I start the computer, and few seconds after windows login, the computer just freezes. image freezes, no cursor movement, no keyboard response, nothing.

The workaround, is to unplug the 2nd, mechanical HDD, turn on the computer, everything works, turn off, plug back the HDD, and everything works again... until next freeze, that could be days, weeks, months....

At the beginning I thought it was the HDD, I changed it for a new one, it happened again. so I changed the SSD for a new one and it happened again.... so I have tried with SSD1--HDD1, SSD1--HDD2, SSD2--HDD2 and every time the same thing happened.

The drivers are up-to-date with iobit driver booster....

I believe I got this on the windows event viewer, but I wouldn't know how to read it.

windows randomly freezes few seconds after login related to 2nd hard drive 551a99f6-ff35-4ba9-b9ec-d40c83071950?upload=true.png

and the content of the "details"

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance" Guid="{cfc18ec0-96b1-4eba-961b-622caee05b0a}" />
    <EventID>100</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>4002</Task>
    <Opcode>34</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-01-28T19:35:30.3086765Z" />
    <EventRecordID>148</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{77cf04d0-f5ac-0000-810c-cf77acf5d601}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="3192" ThreadID="4564" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>ASUS-CLO</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BootTsVersion">2</Data>
    <Data Name="BootStartTime">2021-01-28T19:33:34.7244240Z</Data>
    <Data Name="BootEndTime">2021-01-28T19:35:28.1531172Z</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemBootInstance">37</Data>
    <Data Name="UserBootInstance">37</Data>
    <Data Name="BootTime">95550</Data>
    <Data Name="MainPathBootTime">22350</Data>
    <Data Name="BootKernelInitTime">83</Data>
    <Data Name="BootDriverInitTime">508</Data>
    <Data Name="BootDevicesInitTime">284</Data>
    <Data Name="BootPrefetchInitTime">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootPrefetchBytes">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAutoChkTime">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootSmssInitTime">5068</Data>
    <Data Name="BootCriticalServicesInitTime">371</Data>
    <Data Name="BootUserProfileProcessingTime">5183</Data>
    <Data Name="BootMachineProfileProcessingTime">165</Data>
    <Data Name="BootExplorerInitTime">7973</Data>
    <Data Name="BootNumStartupApps">16</Data>
    <Data Name="BootPostBootTime">73200</Data>
    <Data Name="BootIsRebootAfterInstall">false</Data>
    <Data Name="BootRootCauseStepImprovementBits">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootRootCauseGradualImprovementBits">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootRootCauseStepDegradationBits">2097152</Data>
    <Data Name="BootRootCauseGradualDegradationBits">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootIsDegradation">false</Data>
    <Data Name="BootIsStepDegradation">false</Data>
    <Data Name="BootIsGradualDegradation">false</Data>
    <Data Name="BootImprovementDelta">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootDegradationDelta">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootIsRootCauseIdentified">true</Data>
    <Data Name="OSLoaderDuration">4691</Data>
    <Data Name="BootPNPInitStartTimeMS">83</Data>
    <Data Name="BootPNPInitDuration">2554</Data>
    <Data Name="OtherKernelInitDuration">147</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemPNPInitStartTimeMS">2685</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemPNPInitDuration">304</Data>
    <Data Name="SessionInitStartTimeMS">3006</Data>
    <Data Name="Session0InitDuration">2706</Data>
    <Data Name="Session1InitDuration">498</Data>
    <Data Name="SessionInitOtherDuration">1862</Data>
    <Data Name="WinLogonStartTimeMS">8075</Data>
    <Data Name="OtherLogonInitActivityDuration">952</Data>
    <Data Name="UserLogonWaitDuration">5344</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

jorgemarmo, Jan 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 28, 2021
  4. windows randomly freezes few seconds after login related to 2nd hard drive

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

windows randomly freezes few seconds after login related to 2nd hard drive

1. windows randomly freezes few seconds after login related to 2nd hard drive - Similar Threads - randomly freezes few

2. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: Specs: i7 - 8700k Asus Strix 2080 OC Asus Prime Z370-A Samsung 970 EVO Plus windows installed here Samsung 860 SSD Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB Corsair RM650x 650W v2 I'm struggling with random freezes, and I can't locate if theissue is hardware- or...
  3. Win 10 freezes for a few seconds randomly

Win 10 freezes for a few seconds randomly: Hello: For a long time, my PC would freeze for a couple seconds and then the display would fail to render. After a lot of poking, it turns out that there is some kind of weirdness between the Spotify program downloaded from the website and some video cards. When I...
  4. Windows 10 randomly freeze for few seconds

Windows 10 randomly freeze for few seconds: Dear experts My Laptop i7, 64 GB RAM, NVME SSD running Windows 10 Pro 2004 randomly freeze for few seconds, not only chrome but the whole system please see the video at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmK1huqMFhcVhESxvKEhm3arwTwfse8o/view?usp=sharing. Please help me to...
  5. Windows 10 randomly freezing for a few seconds

Windows 10 randomly freezing for a few seconds: Hello everyone, So I bought a brand new "HP Spectre x360 13-aw0350nd" 2 days ago. Specifications are: -Intel® Core™ i7-1065G processor -33,8 cm 13,3" Full HD-touchscreen -16GB RAM - 512GB SSD -Intel® Iris™ Plus - Windows 10 10.0.18363 When I got it, I installed some of my...
  6. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.....
  7. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...
  8. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...
  9. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: So, I have been having alot... and I mean, ALOT of problems with my pc recently. I've managed fix most of them... but yesterday, as of me writing this, I have experienced that my computer freezes from time to time, and I have no idea why it does that. I've been reinstalling...
  10. Windows 10 freezes for few seconds randomly

Windows 10 freezes for few seconds randomly: Yes, It's a old problem. Its completely random, Screen freezes, mouse won't move, speaker keep repeat the last bit of audio. Normally you have 90% chance to got a BSOD in next 10 seconds, but no in this case. The wired thing is, it's will be recover in 2-5 seconds, after...