Windows 10: Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep

Discus and support Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows will sometimes freeze when waking from sleep. When I wake Windows from sleep the screens turn on and I can see the mouse pointer but the rest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LaplacesDemon, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep

Windows will sometimes freeze when waking from sleep. When I wake Windows from sleep the screens turn on and I can see the mouse pointer but the rest of the screen is all black. The computer is completely unresponsive to keyboard inputs or mouse movement. Even hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't have any effect. I have to hit the restart button on the case to restart Windows. I am unable to consistently reproduce the freezing but it happens a few times a week.

System SpecComputer type: PC/DesktopOS:Windows 10CPU: Intel Core i3-7100Motherboard: ASRock B150-ITXMemory: AData AD4N48 8G DDR4 2400Graphics Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I know this might be similar to other posts but there don't seem to be symptoms that are similar to mine and I haven't been able to find a solution. This is my work computer so this behavior is really disruptive. Please help!

:)

LaplacesDemon, Aug 1, 2017

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly after waking up.

I have windows 10 which came preloaded in Lenovo Ideapad 500. I reset the windows and after that the problem started. My windows is up to date. It sometimes freezes after I wake it up from sleep or turn on its display. I usually resolve this issue by pressing
    the power button and putting it in sleep mode and again waking it up. This solves my problem for that instant but it occurs again randomly.

NikhilJindal, Aug 1, 2017
  3. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Aug 1, 2017
  4. Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep

Welcome to the forums LaplacesDemon!

How long has this been happening? Is it "new" or has it been going on for a while? If newish, have you tried a system restore to a point before this started? (Simple first *Smile )
    Have you ran a system file check? It can detect and fix most corrupt system files. Here's a link to a great tutorial of ours on how to do that if you haven't before.

Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Are you sure its a windows problem and not an app or program on your machine?

indianacarnie, Aug 1, 2017
  5. I just ran the system file check and it said there were no integrity violations.

My computer is basically new and it has been happening since I got it in June. I am fairly certain it does not have anything to do with the apps that I am running. I run the exact same apps every day on this machine, mostly excel, chrome, MySQL Workbench, and a trading platform, so it shouldn't be a system resources problem. I actually suspect that it has something to do with my screens turning on, I lock my computer each time I step away from my desk and many times the freezes occur when I return and try to log back in before there is time for the system to go into sleep mode. Could there be an issue with the video card?

LaplacesDemon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep

1. Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep - Similar Threads - randomly freezes waking

2. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  3. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  4. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  5. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  7. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  8. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  10. Random freeze after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze after waking from sleep: Hi. I recently built a new system and am having some weird issues where sometimes after waking the PC from sleep, it'll freeze for no reason. A reset will fix the issue but it's kind of annoying since this never happened before on my old machine. I'm using Win10 Pro....