Windows 10: Windows randomly freezes while typing.

Discus and support Windows randomly freezes while typing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a problem where programs freeze on my computer while writing. When this occurs, I can still move the mouse, but I cannot click anywhere within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeSauer2, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Windows randomly freezes while typing.

I have a problem where programs freeze on my computer while writing. When this occurs, I can still move the mouse, but I cannot click anywhere within the window of that particular program and I cannot write anything to that program. But I can click and type anywhere else as usual. If I force close from the task manager and reopen the same program, it works fine until it freezes again. In my event viewer, I don't see any issues logged other than forcing shutdown which I do after the actual issue occurs.

I am using Windows 10 Home 20H2. I've tried everything I can think of and I really don't want to do a clean install.

Thanks!

:)

MikeSauer2, Apr 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Windows randomly freezes while typing.

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows randomly freezes while typing.

1. Windows randomly freezes while typing. - Similar Threads - randomly freezes while

2. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezes when typing: Hi, since yesterday my computer is nearly impossible to use anymore. The reason for this is that my computer randomly freezes when typing, and this happens consistently. After restarting, everything is fine, but after 10 minutes or so it just freezes again and all apps become...
  3. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly freezes when typing: Hi, since yesterday my computer is nearly impossible to use anymore. The reason for this is that my computer randomly freezes when typing, and this happens consistently. After restarting, everything is fine, but after 10 minutes or so it just freezes again and all apps become...
  4. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 - random program freezes while typing

Windows 10 - random program freezes while typing: I am having an issue where programs will freeze on my computer while I am typing. To be clear, only one program freezes at a time and it is different programs not just one where it happens every time. When this occurs I can still move my mouse around but I cannot click...
  6. Laptop Randomly Freezes while gaming

Laptop Randomly Freezes while gaming: Hi Everyone can you please help me with my problem? While gaming my keyboard and trackpad is the first one that's freezes then the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-randomly-freezes-while-gaming/9036dbad-e065-4dd5-b812-16c75679ae3b
  7. PC randomly freezes while gaming

PC randomly freezes while gaming: Hello all, my PC started to randomly freeze while I am playing games,without showing a BSOD,but there are minidumps from those freezings/crashings. Here is the Vlog collector : DESKTOP-A00HG2C-(2020-07-13_11-45-17).zip My OS is Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build...
  8. Random freeze while playing wow.

Random freeze while playing wow.: Game went Brrrrr while playing and had to restart.Have been playing wow for 7 days before this issue happened. Wierd thing is I've had the same issue happen to me on another game 4 months ago and I've been playing every day till then without issues but it happend today again...
  9. Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.: I have noticed some problems with my keyboard and trackpad. I would press a key and the mouse would not let me move my mouse. This was a nuisance, especially when I play video games. I have had this problem before but I just had to change the smart senses in those mouses....
  10. Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.: I have noticed some problems with my keyboard and trackpad. I would press a key and the mouse would not let me move my mouse. This was a nuisance, especially when I play video games. I have had this problem before but I just had to change the smart senses in those mouses....