Windows 10: Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

Discus and support Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; From yesterday, my laptop has been freezing at any random moment and I am having to force the laptop to shut down by pressing the power button.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zygoat, Dec 31, 2020.

1. zygoat Win User

Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

From yesterday, my laptop has been freezing at any random moment and I am having to force the laptop to shut down by pressing the power button. Whenever this happens I have noticed that the light on the laptop that shows disk activity goes completely off. (I have attached an image).

I have done a complete reinstall of Windows and this problem is still persisting. Can I please get any help on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

My Laptop:

ASUS TUF FX505DY-BQ002T
    WD Blue SN550 512GB NVME SSD (System drive)
    Toshiba mq04abf100 1TB HDD (Data drive)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X

Windows 10 64 bit 20H2

:)

zygoat, Dec 31, 2020

2. Windows Folders Randomly Freezing and Not Responding

Once in a while, some of my windows folders, irrespective of the number of files and their size randomly freezes, then shows not responding and shuts down.

When i try and open them again they do the same. over and over.

the only solutions I have found to overcome this is.

1. Restart the System.
    2. Remove a few items from the folder.
    3. Change the Sort by/Group by Format of the folder.

Can anyone suggest what may be the source of the problem; and any solutions ?

Vigneswara Prabhu, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Laptop freezes, have to force shutdown.

Original title: my laptop wont shutdown.

I go through the process and it freezes so i have to a force shutdown, even if try to put it sleep

CarolWringe, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

1. Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown - Similar Threads - randomly freezing responding

2. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  3. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  4. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  6. Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.: I have this issue for more than a year now. My laptop would freeze randomly ever since I did an update from Windows 1903 to 1909. Not a single update released has fixed this issue for me. I can go a few days just fine. Four days max. And then the issue will come. Sometimes...
  7. PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware...

PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware...: My PC has been freezing and crashing very often these past few weeks that the mouse and keyboard are not responding, forcing me to force shutdown by pressing the power button on the CPU to turn it off. Sometimes it freezes on the page/site I am currently working on, sometimes...
  8. Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!

Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!: Hello MS Community I've been facing a freezing issue on my Dell Inspiron 5567 purchased in June 2017 - Windows 10. It started about a month ago in August 2020 when I noticed thatafter extended idle periods the display would be totally unresponsive, although music would...
  9. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...
  10. Windows 10 random freezes forced restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 random freezes forced restart: Hi, I've recently upgraded from 7 ultimate to 10 pro and in game/rendering my PC randomly freezes, the keyboard and mouse will not work so i have to restart the system. PC specs: fx 6350 MSI 970a-g46 Sapphire R7 260x 2gb 16 GB ram ddr3 corsair 1600 MHz Thermaltake...