Windows 10: Windows Randomly Freezing Intermittently

Discus and support Windows Randomly Freezing Intermittently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, There seems to be a large amount of discussion on this topic. So, I would like to share my solution to this problem. The problem that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M235i, Jan 19, 2019.

1. M235i Win User

Windows Randomly Freezing Intermittently

Hi All,

There seems to be a large amount of discussion on this topic. So, I would like to share my solution to this problem.

The problem that I experienced is that applications (including games) would freeze randomly. However, the freeze was not a crash and would only last for 10-30 seconds. The system is very stable and hadn’t actually crashed once, and the freeze would resume shortly after 10-30 seconds. The intermittent freezing was very random and very frustrating, although as it is stable I wasn’t too concern. However, it was a problem that was so annoying I had to find a solution.

System Build: January 2019

- Intel Core i7 8700

- Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler

- ASUS TUF B360 Pro Gaming Motherboard

- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming 6GB

- Kingston SATA SSD 480GB

- Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Extra Storage)

- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit

I had tried all of the advice provided in many other threads. Still after completing all diagnostics, driver updates/checking and making modifications to the Windows power settings, the problem still persisted. Then I remembered my previous Windows 7 system and the Intel processor I had, the i7 3770K. I had disabled Hyper-Threading on my previous system which provided the best performance.

Therefore, I have now disabled the Hyper-Threading in the BIOS for my new intel i7 8700 CPU, and the intermittent freezing of Windows 10 applications is now completely resolved. So, if you have tried everything else, try disabling the Hyper-Threading in your BIOS for the CPU. It solved my problem.

All the best.

:)

M235i, Jan 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Windows Randomly Freezing Intermittently

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Randomly Freezing Intermittently

1. Windows Randomly Freezing Intermittently - Similar Threads - Randomly Freezing Intermittently

2. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  3. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  4. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 taskbar freezes intermittently

Windows 10 taskbar freezes intermittently: Starting about 1 month ago without any changes to my PC no new loaded programs, etc, my taskbar started freezing. If I hover the cursor over an icon, I get the revolving blue circle seemingly indefinitely. I ran virus scans, scannow, and other "fixes" I found online, etc....
  6. Intermittent Freezing of Windows 10

Intermittent Freezing of Windows 10: I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and I'm having an intermittent problem that I'm trying to stop. It usually occurs when I have multiple applications open and have been working for some time. The following occurs: * The mouse freezes and unfreezes repeatedly. *...
  7. Computer intermittently freezes

Computer intermittently freezes: Computer intermittently freezes and I have to shut it down completely by removing power from the computer. Unable to access task manager, the mouse cursor is non functional, and the power button does not do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you....
  8. Odd intermittent freezing

Odd intermittent freezing: Hi! About a month ago I started suffering from BSODs (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION) whilst using Prepar3d v5 (Flight Simulator). These occurred within 2-30 minutes of starting a flight and seemed to only affect one particular aircraft....
  9. Random BSoD and intermittent freezing. No luck with diagnostic tests.

Random BSoD and intermittent freezing. No luck with diagnostic tests.: For a few months now, I've been getting blue-screen crashes at seemingly random times, and every now and then my screen freezes up for a few seconds. The error code on the BSoD has varied, but the most recent one was CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. When the computer booted...
  10. Intermittent freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent freeze on startup: I have had this issue since I bought the machine a year ago. It has occurred intermittently from the very first fresh install of Windows 10 (without connecting to the internet), so almost certain it's not due to malware but more likely a driver/hardware issue. 4/5 times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. machine will freeze for a few seconds happen intermittently