Windows 10: Windows Randomly Playing Sound

Discus and support Windows Randomly Playing Sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is the sound I finally tracked down a sound that has been randomly playing on my computer back to Systems Sounds. Despite this I cannot figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a_potato_is_missing, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Windows Randomly Playing Sound

This is the sound

I finally tracked down a sound that has been randomly playing on my computer back to Systems Sounds. Despite this I cannot figure out what within windows is causing it, if someone can identify it that would be great.

submitted by /u/a_potato_is_missing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a_potato_is_missing, Jan 25, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Sound Randomly Turns Off

I'm having a problem where the sound in my Win 10 computer randomly stops and then randomly goes back on. When it happens, it basically pauses anything that plays sound. When I try to click play nothing happens and everything can randomly comes back on,
    sometimes taking 15 mins. Its a huge problem so if anyone has an idea, im open to suggestions.

Thanks for you help!

JosephCasey817, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Windows Randomly Playing Sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Randomly Playing Sound

1. Windows Randomly Playing Sound - Similar Threads - Randomly Playing Sound

2. My PC plays random sound effects.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC plays random sound effects.: Hello allI have quite a weird situation going on.So, occasionally my PC will play one of two sound effects from my speakers, without any input from me.The one sound is a cartoonish "bonk", like someone being hit on the head with a wooden stick;and the other is a cartoonish...
  3. Fix random Notification Sound keeps playing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix random Notification Sound keeps playing on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If just out of the blues or after you update your Windows 10 PC to a newer build or version, and you start to notice a random notification sound keeps playing every couple of minutes, then this post may help you. It could be an errant browser extension, Steam...
  4. Annoying sound plays at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying sound plays at random: Recently I have upgraded my SSD to a larger and newer model. But since clean system install on my new drive, I am constantly harassed by some sort of notification sound. I haven't noticed any pattern to it, I think it plays at random. Couldn't find anything in Event Viewer...
  5. Seemingly Random Sound Playing in Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seemingly Random Sound Playing in Headphones: Whenever I have my headphones plugged into my laptop, HP Pavilion x360 I occasionally hear a sound that I can best describe as a laser out of a scifi movie. It sounds kinda like these... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au6aYQLJYxI I can hear it even when I have the volume...
  6. Random apps not playing sound

Random apps not playing sound: For some reason, some apps will just randomly stop playing sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-apps-not-playing-sound/1eb31277-0ef6-4ace-ac1b-1b2630a64b93
  7. Random ding sound, audio is muted but still plays sound

Random ding sound, audio is muted but still plays sound: A couple weeks ago my computer's audio started acting weird. There would be a random dinging sound and the audio was louder than normal to the point where even with all audio sources muted it still plays sound. After this happened my computer also no longer picks up my...
  8. Sound randomly stops playing during a call

Sound randomly stops playing during a call: So, when i'm on a call on discord, Google meet or using the voice chat in game, the sound will stop playing completely from my headset, I already tried changing some settings but nothing worked, the only workaround that I have is to change the default playback device to my...
  9. This random sound keeps playing on my PC randomly...

This random sound keeps playing on my PC randomly...: So a few days ago this random sound started playing on my PC randomly from 1-3 times an hour. Even if I shut off and on the PC the sound still playing. I've tried looking at the Volume Mixer, turning off all notifications, and listening to all the Windows 10 audio files but...
  10. Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think

Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think: Whenever I’m playing age of empires 3 with my friends every so often I’ll hear a do do do doo sound with the pitch getting higher and higher each time. Haven’t been to any sketchy websites or downloaded anything sketchy. submitted by /u/Sorcer12 [link] [comments]...