Windows 10: Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

Discus and support Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About two weeks back I got a new laptop and almost everyday I seem to be facing restart issues. While working the screen goes black and the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by varma_98, Mar 27, 2021.

1. varma_98 Win User

Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

About two weeks back I got a new laptop and almost everyday I seem to be facing restart issues. While working the screen goes black and the laptop restarts. This happens once almost everyday. There is some thermal throttling when it happens but the laptop doesn't seem to be uncomfortably hot. I tried switching off automatic restart in advanced system settings but that didn't help. After long hours of searching online, I found out about the event viewer and went through the logs. The following was what happened everytime the restart happened:

• 17:11:30: Warning Message: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user LAPTOP-UL6GB1PP\Deepak SID S-1-5-21-1343100799-3473542331-2342053092-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. Event ID 10016
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: The last shutdown's success status was false. The last boot's success status was true. Event ID 20
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: EFI time zone bias: 2047. Daylight flags: 0. Event ID 20
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: The boot menu policy was 0x1 Event ID 25
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: The boot type was 0x0. Event ID 27
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: There are 0x1 boot options on this system. Event ID 18
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: The bootmgr spent 0 ms waiting for user input. Event ID 32
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: Firmware reported boot metrics Event ID 30
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: The iommu fault reporting has been initialized. Event ID 16
    • 17:11:41: Information Message: The previous system shutdown at 17:01:40 on ‎26-‎03-‎2021 was unexpected. Event ID 6008
    • 17:11:45: Warning Message: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\HIDCLASS\0000. Event ID 1
    • 17:11:46: Information Message: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification\5&11ac4f73&0&0. Event ID 219
    • 17:11:51: Error Message: WHEA Logger: A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. Event ID 1

Also I ran a system diagnostic on performance monitor and it showed the following error:

Cause:A device has reported a "Not OK" status.
    Details:The device, Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB, is reporting a bad status value. This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_09AB&SUBSYS_14681025&REV_00\3&11583659&0&B8.

However on device manager I'm unable to update this specific driver. Infact it says there are no drivers installed for this device.

Laptop Specs:

Product: Acer Aspire 5 A514-54

Processor: IntelR i5 1135G7

Memory: 8GB

Storage: 512GB Kingston NVMe SSD

Graphics: IntelR IrisR Xe Graphics

It's really a bummer when your new laptop does this to you. Please help me resolve this issue.

Also if you need more information please let me know. I'm really bad when it comes to laptops and stuff, so please bear with me.

Thanks in advance,

Deepak

:)

varma_98, Mar 27, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Restarts Laptop Without Warning

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop reboots by itself randomly. We suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and System File Checker tool to scan for any corruptions that may be causing your system to reboot. Kindly follow the steps to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the left panel.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. Click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

To run the System File Checker tool, kindly refer to this article:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Mar 27, 2021
  3. harrinj2 Win User
    Windows 10 restarts randomly without warning

Ever since we upgraded to Microsoft 10 (Home) in April we've had the system randomly stop and restart at least once a day. This is increasingly frustrating when working and gaming. There is no warning, it has nothing to do with updates.

I've tried to follow the advice of the many many other people who have had this problem, but as I no longer have our Windows 7 installation disk, we can't go back. I like Windows 10, I just want it to WORK.

I'm not a developer and I don't know what BIOS is, but if someone has some simple steps or advice for me, I'd be grateful.

harrinj2, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

1. Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning - Similar Threads - Randomly Restarts Without

2. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  3. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  4. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  5. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  6. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows keeps restarting randomly without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps restarting randomly without warning: As stated above, my pc which runs on windows 10 keeps restarting randomly without warning. It's also very spontaneous. Some days it'll run fine, but others, it'll crash multiple times. This has been happening for a few months now. I thought the lastest windows updates would...
  8. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly restarts without warning.: My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals...
  9. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. efi time zone bias 2047