Windows 10: Windows randomly started installing ''features''... what features???

Discus and support Windows randomly started installing ''features''... what features??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As per title... what features??? I did not ask for any features. It's MY computer, *I* decide what gets to be installed, not microsoft. The company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zetrix, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Zetrix Win User

Windows randomly started installing ''features''... what features???

As per title... what features??? I did not ask for any features. It's MY computer, *I* decide what gets to be installed, not microsoft. The company needs to understand that thoroughly.

I want to find out what the hell was installed on my computer without my permission. I don't see any notification anywhere of what it was.

Was it new spy software to spy on me??? Surely there is a list somewhere showing ''recent microsoft install packages'' or such.

:)

Zetrix, Dec 29, 2018

2. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Windows randomly started installing ''features''... what features??? win7-early_feedback.gif

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Windows randomly started installing ''features''... what features???

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows randomly started installing ''features''... what features???

1. Windows randomly started installing ''features''... what features??? - Similar Threads - randomly started installing

2. What features are installed in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What features are installed in windows 11?: Hello, I want to survey Windows 11 completely, I wanna know about the features of Windows 11 and if you have a link please provide me so that I can know about it myself and share your information to my clients and another persons...
  3. What features are installed in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What features are installed in windows 11?: Hello, I want to survey Windows 11 completely, I wanna know about the features of Windows 11 and if you have a link please provide me so that I can know about it myself and share your information to my clients and another persons...
  4. Windows optional features not installing any of the features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows optional features not installing any of the features: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with windows 10 pro version installed. Windows version -1903OS build- 18362.356It is not downloading any optional features.Metered connection is turned off. Still it is not downloading. I tried editing the msconfig settings . But nothing...
  5. Windows optional features not installing any of the features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows optional features not installing any of the features: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with windows 10 pro version installed. Windows version -1903OS build- 18362.356It is not downloading any optional features.Metered connection is turned off. Still it is not downloading. I tried editing the msconfig settings . But nothing...
  6. Windows optional features not installing any of the features

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Solution to optional features shows "No features to install"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Solution to optional features shows "No features to install": I was seeing this message when attempting to install a new optional feature under Windows 10 (Settings --> Apps --> Apps & Features --> Optional features --> Add a feature). A web search led me to several other questions on this forum posted by users seeing the same...
  8. About MAC Randomization feature

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About MAC Randomization feature: I have read about this feature but have some queries: Why use random hardware addresses? When you're not connected to Wi-Fi, your PC sends a signal to look for Wi-Fi networks in the area to help you get connected. The signal contains the unique physical hardware (MAC)...
  9. Feature not installing

Feature not installing: English (Gb) optical character recognition install failed on HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-not-installing/3d488d1c-24cb-433e-b143-3daf5490c94e
  10. What is the feature of future windows

What is the feature of future windows: I want to know what is the future windows system. Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/what-is-the-feature-of-future-windows/e0ec97d6-6c2c-4e49-925d-1606276348f8