Windows 10: Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver

Discus and support Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have had Windows 10 (Build 1809) installed on this system (Desktop) for less than 2 weeks now and on at least two different occasions, Windows failed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nosx, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Nosx Win User

Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver

I have had Windows 10 (Build 1809) installed on this system (Desktop) for less than 2 weeks now and on at least two different occasions, Windows failed to bring up the login screen when resuming from the screensaver and instead it just brought me straight to the desktop.

As far as I can tell this happens randomly and the ONLY thing that was the same during both of these events is that the monitor had actually turned off because I set my power settings to turn the screen of after 15 minutes, but I cannot image how this would matter at all.

Obviously this is a HUGE security risk and one I would like to get fixed ASAP so any and all help would be appreciated. Here is a screenshot of my screensaver and power plan settings and another one of my account settings.

Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver [​IMG]

Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver [​IMG]

:)

2. password on windows removal

Randomly it asked for a password? Something is fishy.

TheMailMan78, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 asks for password completely randomly

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Have you installed all the drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

If not then, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and download all the drivers. Also, check if the same issue occurs if you use the password. Please check if there are any pending Windows updates and install them as well.

You may also run the in-built troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all.

• Choose Power.

• Follow the on screen steps.
    Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver - Similar Threads - randomly stops asking

2. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  3. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  4. Window crash when resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window crash when resume from hibernation: This PC is Lenovo X13, windows10 21H2.Recently, this PC will crash for below conditions sometimes but not 100%1Resume from Hibernation2Idle overnightBelow is the analyze of crash dump file, could you please help to find out the reason?BugCheck 19C, {20, ffffa28ff6d44080, 0,...
  5. Window crash when resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window crash when resume from hibernation: This PC is Lenovo X13, windows10 21H2.Recently, this PC will crash for below conditions sometimes but not 100%1Resume from Hibernation2Idle overnightBelow is the analyze of crash dump file, could you please help to find out the reason?BugCheck 19C, {20, ffffa28ff6d44080, 0,...
  6. stop pc from asking me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop pc from asking me to change my password: I have an HP Envy 360 convertible 15m-bp1xx running Windows 10 Home version: 2004 build: 19041.508. I recently sent my pc back to HP for some work and they seemed to sign in by creating their own account. I thought i deleted it although im not sure that has anything to do...
  7. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on: There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local I know how to automatically log in to one account every time, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I've also turned off W10 asking for a password when waking from...
  8. Windows resumes from sleep randomly, difficult to troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows resumes from sleep randomly, difficult to troubleshoot: I only want to resume my computer via my mouse or ethernet/wake-on-LAN. And they work fine. But, my computer resumes from sleep totally randomly also. For example a few times I've been watching TV, several meters away from my computer in sleep, nothing touching the computer...
  9. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?: My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine....
  10. Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep: HELP!!! Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if an automatic update has caused the issue or not, but, I really want to protect my computer from...