Windows 10: Windows randomly switching

Discus and support Windows randomly switching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 x64, and sometimes when I type email on Thunderbird, while beginning to type, I hear a ding, then the window switches to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by corporatei-2, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows randomly switching

I have Windows 10 x64, and sometimes when I type email on Thunderbird, while beginning to type, I hear a ding, then the window switches to another program. I think this problem happens to other programs too. Is there a bug in Windows 10?

:)

corporatei-2, Jan 10, 2019

2. HELP! Firefox keeps randomly switching windows.

Every time I open a new window link from a current window, the new window will pop up like normal.

But after I click on anything inside the new window, Firefox randomly switches to the previous window and I have to reclick the new window to get it back.

How do I fix this? I don't want it to keep switching back to the old window when I've already opened a new one.

I'm using the latest Firefox build 23.0.1, fresh install with Windows 7 64 bit

acuriousman2, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 10, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Windows randomly switching

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows randomly switching

1. Windows randomly switching - Similar Threads - randomly switching

2. Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English: Dear Microsoft Community My Windows 10 was installed using a 64-bit Hungarian installer. I did download the en-UK language pack but I have never set it as the primary operating system language. My Windows 10 operating system language is indeed consistently Hungarian. For a...
  3. Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch: Hi, I have been having several problems with my display and mouse behaviour recently: 1) Task view randomly opens and displays all my active windows. This is annoying because it interrupts my typing and viewing. I have turned off the task view 'gesture'. Sometimes this...
  4. Windows audio services randomly switch on and off.

Windows audio services randomly switch on and off.: I'm getting quite frustrated here, so I'm hoping somebody can help ASAP. My laptop has never let me down before, and I always update it with the latest software. But just today, the audio started disabling itself randomly. I've tried restarting the system, re-installing the...
  5. Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date

Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date: So my computer Asus windows 10 keeps switching off when unplugged or switches off after a while (not always, it sometimes goes down to 30% or even less). Every security software tells me the battery is healthy and the drivers are up to date. I even had windows reinstalled at...
  6. Windows 10 switches laptop to tablet mode randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 switches laptop to tablet mode randomly: I have a newer touchscreen Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it likes to switch to table mode intermittently and the touchpad and keyboard don't respond. I have switched the display options to "Don't ask me and don't switch" to tablet mode since I rarely use it in this mode....
  7. Random BSOD when switching resolution

Random BSOD when switching resolution: It seems that I have a few problems. First, I have a "phantom monitor" problem. My GTX 970 detects an additional monitor that stays at 640 x 480, even though I have one DisplayPort cable running from the card. No other cables are connected. I can't seem to get rid of the...
  8. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout: When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it). Now when I switch...
  9. Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly): Whenever I have Chrome open it sometimes doesn't stay on top and my other windows/applications (it's always the Files/Folder in the C-drive). When Chrome or some other application is active, it will stay on top and then randomly de-activate and make the explorer on top....
  10. Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan and wifi connection switching randomly: Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not...