Windows 10: Windows randomly switching

Discus and support Windows randomly switching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 x64, and sometimes when I type email on Thunderbird, while beginning to type, I hear a ding, then the window switches to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by corporatei-2, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows randomly switching

I have Windows 10 x64, and sometimes when I type email on Thunderbird, while beginning to type, I hear a ding, then the window switches to another program. I think this problem happens to other programs too. Is there a bug in Windows 10?

:)

corporatei-2, Jan 10, 2019

2. HELP! Firefox keeps randomly switching windows.

Every time I open a new window link from a current window, the new window will pop up like normal.

But after I click on anything inside the new window, Firefox randomly switches to the previous window and I have to reclick the new window to get it back.

How do I fix this? I don't want it to keep switching back to the old window when I've already opened a new one.

I'm using the latest Firefox build 23.0.1, fresh install with Windows 7 64 bit

acuriousman2, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 10, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Windows randomly switching

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows randomly switching

1. Windows randomly switching - Similar Threads - randomly switching

2. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...
  3. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...
  4. PC crashing when gaming randomly, switching power plans also crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when gaming randomly, switching power plans also crashing.: My PC specs are:Windows 11 Homei7-10700f32GB DDR4RTX 3070850W 80+ Gold currentlyBIOS is on latest updateIt is an ASUS Prebuilt.I've had this PC for a good few years and it's been a gem. Out of nowhere the PSU died and I had to replace it. I used to constantly switch my Power...
  5. PC crashing when gaming randomly, switching power plans also crashing.

PC crashing when gaming randomly, switching power plans also crashing.: My PC specs are:Windows 11 Homei7-10700f32GB DDR4RTX 3070850W 80+ Gold currentlyBIOS is on latest updateIt is an ASUS Prebuilt.I've had this PC for a good few years and it's been a gem. Out of nowhere the PSU died and I had to replace it. I used to constantly switch my Power...
  6. My PC randomly switches to desktop while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly switches to desktop while gaming: This is happening in all games, but not in normal computer operations. I have an i7 processor and a Geforce RTX 3060 GPU, so it's not my computer itself. Something going on with windows.. my drivers are up to date....
  7. My PC randomly switches to desktop while gaming

My PC randomly switches to desktop while gaming: This is happening in all games, but not in normal computer operations. I have an i7 processor and a Geforce RTX 3060 GPU, so it's not my computer itself. Something going on with windows.. my drivers are up to date....
  8. Search/address bar switched with ribbon randomly, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search/address bar switched with ribbon randomly, how do I fix this?: I can't get the ribbon to switch back to being above the two bars. I have already tried every possible combination of checkboxes that the "view" drop down under "options" and under "properties" has to offer....
  9. Search/address bar switched with ribbon randomly, how do I fix this?

Search/address bar switched with ribbon randomly, how do I fix this?: I can't get the ribbon to switch back to being above the two bars. I have already tried every possible combination of checkboxes that the "view" drop down under "options" and under "properties" has to offer....
  10. Search/address bar switched with ribbon randomly, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 randomly switching window