Windows 10: Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

Discus and support Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hector2173, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for maintenence, checking wake timers through powercfg -waketimers. In the event log, the description says Wake source: Unknown. powercfg -lastwake doesnt show anything, and even though I have an administrator account, I can't disable the UpdateOrchestrator's Reboot scheduled task, which has "Wake the computer to run this task".

:)

Hector2173, Aug 11, 2022

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

Random sleeping

My upgraded W10 machine has several issues NOT solved by MS updates.

• Randomly goes to sleep.
    • Scheduled maintenance fails
    • Wake up task does NOT run
    Does anyone have a solution to these issues that will work?

Thanks

Rick

RickMcKenney, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

1. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep - Similar Threads - randomly wakes itself

2. Windows randomly wakes up from sleep, draining battery, wakes up itself in backpack - doing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly wakes up from sleep, draining battery, wakes up itself in backpack - doing...: Dell Latitude 5300 on Windows 10 Pro and Dell XPS 9320 Plus on Windows 11 Pro.Just like in the title. Both versions of Windows have exact same problem. For example - waking up when it's in the backpack, then running hot and draining battery and then finally lose everything i...
  3. Windows randomly wakes up from sleep, draining battery, wakes up itself in backpack - doing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly wakes up from sleep, draining battery, wakes up itself in backpack - doing...: Dell Latitude 5300 on Windows 10 Pro and Dell XPS 9320 Plus on Windows 11 Pro.Just like in the title. Both versions of Windows have exact same problem. For example - waking up when it's in the backpack, then running hot and draining battery and then finally lose everything i...
  4. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  5. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  6. Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wakes itself up from sleep: Hi, After putting my Dell XPS 13 9370 in sleep mode by closing the lid, it wakes up on its own after a random period of time from minutes to hours. I've taken a look at the event viewer and the culprit always seems to be a sequence of 3 events: Event 1 Log Name:...
  7. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...
  8. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...
  9. PC waking up by itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking up by itself from sleep: Since installing the 1903 update (running W10 Pro), I've noticed on several occasions that my PC has turned itself on from sleep... I've done some investigating and found the following is waking up the PC: [img] What is "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" exactly and...
  10. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...