Windows 10: Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

Discus and support Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 external monitors and whenever my computer goes into sleep mode all of the open windows I had on the external monitors goes to my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Justin Drastil, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

I have 2 external monitors and whenever my computer goes into sleep mode all of the open windows I had on the external monitors goes to my laptop screen.I did some googling and found this: https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/28/22407995/microsoft-windows-apps-rearranging-sleep-resume-fix-directx-12My computer is currently up to dateI tried checking for windows updates there were none.

:)

Justin Drastil, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft fixes unexpected app rearrangement from sleep in Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...rearrangement/

Brink, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor turns off

When my computer goes to sleep all of my open windows on my external monitors go back to my laptop screen.

I did some googling and found this: Microsoft is finally fixing Windows 10 rearranging apps on multiple monitors

This article was published in 2021

my computer is up to date but it still has this issue

Please advise.

Justin Drastil, Mar 23, 2023
  4. Pbshiver Win User

Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

WINDOWS 10 Desktop icons rearrange when monitor turns off/on (ONE MONITOR)

I have a problem where my icons keep rearranging to the left side of the screen every time I turn my monitor off/on again. I was wondering if anybody had an idea of what to do as other answers I found were for icons rearranging when the computer turns on/off
    which ISN'T the problem, or when someone had 2 monitors. First, a little information on my configurations and computer.

• I DO NOT have auto arrange on
    • I have an Acer monitor connected through DVI. I use the power button on the monitor to turn it off.
    • I have Windows 10 Home Edition with an AMD Radeon R9 380 graphics card
    • Keep in mind that this problem happens with ONE MONITOR. I don't need solutions for if I had 2
    • I do not nor have ever had ESET, so solutions for that won't work
    • I would not like third party programs please
    • Remember, this only happens when I turn my monitor on/off

Pbshiver, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

1. Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor... - Similar Threads - Rapid HPD rearranging

2. Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...: I have 2 external monitors and whenever my computer goes into sleep mode all of the open windows I had on the external monitors goes to my laptop screen.I did some googling and found this:...
  3. Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...: I have 2 external monitors and whenever my computer goes into sleep mode all of the open windows I had on the external monitors goes to my laptop screen.I did some googling and found this:...
  4. Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...: When my computer goes to sleep all of my open windows on my external monitors go back to my laptop screen.I did some googling and found this:...
  5. Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...: When my computer goes to sleep all of my open windows on my external monitors go back to my laptop screen.I did some googling and found this:...
  6. Windows Rapid HPD rearranging Windows apps on multiple monitors every time the monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Multiple Monitors Windows 10 Only two monitors function at a time

Multiple Monitors Windows 10 Only two monitors function at a time: I have a Windows 10 pc with three displayports: VGA, HDMI, DVIThe display settings window shows all three displays, but will only allow me to use any two out of the three, as per the screenshots/picturesI am not sure what further infomation you need to answer, unless it's...
  8. Multiple Monitors Windows 10 Only two monitors function at a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Monitors Windows 10 Only two monitors function at a time: I have a Windows 10 pc with three displayports: VGA, HDMI, DVIThe display settings window shows all three displays, but will only allow me to use any two out of the three, as per the screenshots/picturesI am not sure what further infomation you need to answer, unless it's...
  9. Multiple displays rearrange windows every time the displays turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple displays rearrange windows every time the displays turn off: I have three monitors, of which two are the same model and the third is different. Every time the displays turn off due to the display sleep setting or the computer being locked, the windows are rearranged in at least two different ways. All windows on the monitor that is...
  10. Apps and Multiple Monitors

Apps and Multiple Monitors: Wasn't sure what to put for the heading on this. Does anyone know of a way to have an app open on a particular monitor when running more monitors than 1? The person runs 2 monitors and watches movies on 1 while working on the other. This is a part of his query...