Windows 10: Windows RDP connection to server working unstably

Discus and support Windows RDP connection to server working unstably in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there I am here today to ask about some wierd stuff going on with rdp and remoteapp connections to my server at home. The things is that half of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by isaacthethemer, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows RDP connection to server working unstably

Hello there
    I am here today to ask about some wierd stuff going on with rdp and remoteapp connections to my server at home. The things is that half of my computers connect, and the other say "wrong credentials please try again" when I enter the same credentials that work. This only started happening recently. I have a server 2008 r2 server that I am connecting to. Now here's where it gets deep. When I use a third party rdp client on the non-functioning machines, the authentication works fine. When I set up a brand net VM on the non working computers, it works fine too. Also whenever I disable the windows security dialog in the rdp file properties and enter the credentials on the server once the connection has been established, it will start properly too. Why is it somehow blocking the windows security dialog. I deleted my saved credentials and I do not want to enter them every time thats why I saved them. You cannot save credentials using the connect-first-then-authenticate method. PLEASE HELP as I am using this server a LOT and having it acting wierd like this is annoying. I already rebooted the machines. Everything is fine on the server side.

:)

isaacthethemer, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows RDP connection to server working unstably

Hello there
    I am here today to ask about some wierd stuff going on with rdp and remoteapp connections to my server at home. The things is that half of my computers connect, and the other say "wrong credentials please try again" when I enter the same credentials that work. This only started happening recently. I have a server 2008 r2 server that I am connecting to. Now here's where it gets deep. When I use a third party rdp client on the non-functioning machines, the authentication works fine. When I set up a brand net VM on the non working computers, it works fine too. Also whenever I disable the windows security dialog in the rdp file properties and enter the credentials on the server once the connection has been established, it will start properly too. Why is it somehow blocking the windows security dialog. I deleted my saved credentials and I do not want to enter them every time thats why I saved them. You cannot save credentials using the connect-first-then-authenticate method. PLEASE HELP as I am using this server a LOT and having it acting wierd like this is annoying. I already rebooted the machines. Everything is fine on the server side.

isaacthethemer, Jul 30, 2020
  3. RDP not allowing remote connection

I had it working perfectly fine the other day but I logged into my server, removed a open port and both computer quit.

I run the computers with the firewall off, I see no point in them being on, it's a windows firewall a hacker will know how to get around so fire wall is OFF.

Ports are 9000 for server and 3390 for htpc

ip:9000
    ip:3390

This does not work from a linux workstation using 'Remote Desktop Client'

It does not work from mac RDP
    It does not work from windows RDP
    And it does not work from my iphone.

I know it's enabled as I can RDP into the computers at my home (except htpc at the moment, I think that one needs restarted)

Ports are open, both tcp / udp ports are open using the internal server IP wich is MAC assigned by the router. Server - 10.0.1.2 - 9000
    And same thing for the htpc - 10.0.1.8 - 3390

Besides the obvious of firewall, ports, and 'remote connection enabled' any ideas?

freaksavior, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows RDP connection to server working unstably

RDP from work to homer server .. can they track you?

Technically speaking, RDP traffic is encrypted by default. According to M$, there are 4 levels of operation available:
    • Low Data sent from the client to the server is encrypted using 56-bit encryption. Data sent from the server to the client is not encrypted.
    • Client Compatible Encrypts client/server communication at the maximum key strength supported by the client. Use this level when the terminal server is running in an environment containing mixed or legacy clients. This is the default encryption level.
    • High Encrypts client/server communication using 128-bit encryption. Use this level when the clients accessing the terminal server also support 128-bit encryption. When encryption is set at this level, clients that do not support this level of encryption will not be able to connect.
    • FIPS Compliant All client/server communication is encrypted and decrypted with the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) encryption algorithms. FIPS 140-1 (1994) and its successor, FIPS 140-2 (2001), describe U.S. government requirements for encryption.
    So, this connection is encrypted in one fashion or another, no matter what. However, lower encryptions could be broken if they really want to see, and as noted above, if they've stuck a software pack on your PC at work, they could easily watch screen shots, or key strokes. In that case, a VPN connection won't help either. They're still on your screen, and your keyboard. Additional encryption won't change anything.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows RDP connection to server working unstably

1. Windows RDP connection to server working unstably - Similar Threads - RDP connection server

2. Find computernames connected to a RDP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find computernames connected to a RDP server: Hello,On a Windows Server 2019 i'm looking for solution to export or display the computer name of every RDP connexions.The aim is to revoke some TSE licence by host.Thanks Thom...
  3. Find computernames connected to a RDP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find computernames connected to a RDP server: Hello,On a Windows Server 2019 i'm looking for solution to export or display the computer name of every RDP connexions.The aim is to revoke some TSE licence by host.Thanks Thom...
  4. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  5. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  6. Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers: Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers.The drivers are present, but the printers on the local PC via USB or network are not redirected to the RDP server.On the other hand, PDF printers, Notes are well redirected.If you have an idea or a solution.Merco...
  7. Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers

Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers: Windows Server 2022 RDP does not connect remote Printers.The drivers are present, but the printers on the local PC via USB or network are not redirected to the RDP server.On the other hand, PDF printers, Notes are well redirected.If you have an idea or a solution.Merco...
  8. Unstable Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unstable Connection: Using W10 1909 lastest KB i cant run a stable connection with this internet adapter TL-WN8200ND V2 I've tried everything and i think this is a incompatibility issue. Already used it with W7 with a stable connection. submitted by /u/Meffecter [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to connect RDP for particular server

in Cortana
    Unable to connect RDP for particular server: Hi Support I'm getting following error while connecting to one particual server and not all server The remote session was disconnected because there are no remote desktop client access license available for this computer I tried to delete the Mslicense Dword from...
  10. Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp: One of the office computers I have running windows 10 Pro stopped connecting to 1 of our 2012Server using remote desktop connection (RDP). It will connect or other 2012 servers at different locations using different IP Addresses I have disabled the Firewall, Turned off...