Windows 10: Windows RDP issue

Discus and support Windows RDP issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Team, User with 5GB profile having issues connection to Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard hopsted on a virtual machine on Hyper-V manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Iron_Tech_Paddy, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows RDP issue

Hello Team,

User with 5GB profile having issues connection to Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard hopsted on a virtual machine on Hyper-V manager.

Colleague spun up need VM. We can access with our accounts but when attemptingwith user X's account to RDP it failed after to log on never ending welcome spin.

1) Taskbar - User - saw user without name so killed connection

- Checked all group policies - user can RDP to other devices within the network.

2) Checked /user and saw a bunch of corrupted looking profiles so deleted them.

3) Was then able to log on via the console using the users account but RDP session still hung and failed.

4) Noticed user have very large profile 5GB

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Iron_Tech_Paddy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Iron_Tech_Paddy, May 14, 2020

2. RDP

Hi Nikki,

We can see here that you are having issues using (RDP) Remote Desktop Protocol on your computer. There are several reasons why you are experiencing this concern. To set your expectation, we will be doing some troubleshooting steps to isolate
    this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • When did you notice about this issue?
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, May 14, 2020
  3. RDP

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?

Initially when we received the problem there wasn't any changes made on the computer since we couldn't figure out the problem, we upgraded the pc to windows 10. It fixed the problem momentarily and then it starts again. Then we re initiated the upgrade the
      same day I wrote this post and it was fixed again and then on today the issue is back
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the past we would delete the MS Licensing Protocol folder as suggested by so many other posts and restart the RDP connection ad administrator to rebuild it. This time around it didn't fix anything. Like I said previously we've tried to upgrade the PC and
      the fix is temporal
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem? No
    • When did you notice about this issue? I'm not sure when it started because I haven't been on this project that long but I would say within the last month based on me. Based on other conversations this has happened in the past.
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Sure
      Windows RDP issue d7470294-b2af-4c9c-aa56-a971016a58bf.jpg

NikkiGarcia02, May 14, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows RDP issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows RDP issue

1. Windows RDP issue - Similar Threads - RDP issue

2. Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues: Hello!Since I've upgraded the GPU from GF 1660Ti to MSI 7900XTX I've seen that now there's some graphics issues when I'm trying to use the Windows Sandbox on my PC, or trying to remote connect for example, local RDP to my PC from the other device - smartphone, tablet, etc.....
  3. Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues: Hello!Since I've upgraded the GPU from GF 1660Ti to MSI 7900XTX I've seen that now there's some graphics issues when I'm trying to use the Windows Sandbox on my PC, or trying to remote connect for example, local RDP to my PC from the other device - smartphone, tablet, etc.....
  4. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10: Mac OS 14Windows 10 22h2RDP 10.9.6 & RDP 10.9.7 BetaThis issue only exists when I use my MacBook Air - Remoting into a windows 10 desktop. I will print something FROM the windows desktop onto a local printer where the Mac is. I’m trying to print forms in landscape orientation...
  5. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10: Mac OS 14Windows 10 22h2RDP 10.9.6 & RDP 10.9.7 BetaThis issue only exists when I use my MacBook Air - Remoting into a windows 10 desktop. I will print something FROM the windows desktop onto a local printer where the Mac is. I’m trying to print forms in landscape orientation...
  6. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues: I have been using RDP to connect to my work laptop for years. It has been working fine until an update a few months ago. Now I'm experiencing a weird issue which I will describe below.I have a customized RDP file with the following setting. That allows me to use only 3 of the...
  8. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues: I have been using RDP to connect to my work laptop for years. It has been working fine until an update a few months ago. Now I'm experiencing a weird issue which I will describe below.I have a customized RDP file with the following setting. That allows me to use only 3 of the...
  9. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. RDP Connection issue in Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Connection issue in Windows11: Dear Team,Windows 11 pc is trying to connect to a Server 2019 via RDP, the primary error was " an internal error occurred". After changing the registry and local security settings, a new error is showing "An authentication error has occurred. The specified data could not be...