Windows 10: Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...

Discus and support Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,I have multiple 2016 RDS servers that are having an issue where only a couple of users are getting a large white bar at top of a maximized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AB501UTI0N, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...

Hi All,I have multiple 2016 RDS servers that are having an issue where only a couple of users are getting a large white bar at top of a maximized application/window Chrome & Explorer are both effected.I originally posted a question on these forums over two years ago and did not get a solution, so I am trying again!Original Post - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-performance/large-white-bar-at-top-of-maximized/8c7f3697-ed0c-4745-9c9f-9fb1c0865c21?tm=1573448520165&rtAction=1574119868133Setting the following registry key via Group Policy did fix the issue

:)

AB501UTI0N, Feb 22, 2022

2. Large white bar at top of maximized application/window (Chrome & Explorer are both effected)

Hi All,

I have a 2016 RDS server (VMware Virtual Machine) that is having an issue where only a couple of uses are getting a large white bar at top of a maximized application/window (Chrome & Explorer are both effected).

I have disabled Hardware Accelaration in both MS Office 365 and also Google Chrome, but this did not fix the issue.

Also, I cannot apply the below fixes that work on most Windows 10 computers that have this issue.

1. In desktop, Right click and go to Intel HD Graphics settings.

2. Select Display and then choose the option "Scale Full Screen"

3. check the checkbox near Override Application Settings.

Press Start + R type "Regedit' and press enter

In left panel browse through

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\

Software\

Microsoft\

Avalon.Graphics

Right click on right panel and add new value.

Name= 'DisableHWAcceleration"

Value = dword:00000001

If anyone can please provide me with help regarding this issue that would be great.

Thanks - Chris

AB501UTI0N, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Fatmasari Win User
    Activate RDS CAL 2019 on Windows Server 2016

Dear Microsoft Support,

We recently purchased Windows Server RDS CAL 2019.

When we tried to install Windows Server RDS CAL 2019 into Windows Server 2016, it shows the license is not recognized and couldn’t install.

My questions are :

1. Can’t Windows RDS CAL 2019 be installed in Windows Server 2016? If can, how?
    2. Is there any way to downgrade RDS CAL from 2019 to 2016 version?

Thanks,

Fatmasari, Feb 22, 2022
  4. Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...

Large white bar at top of maximized application/window (Chrome & Explorer are both effected)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your suggestions and unfortunately most of the fixes that you supplied do not apply to me because the (VMware Virtual Machine) RDS server is running Windows Server 2016 Standard and not Windows 10.

(At the bottom of this post you will see a screenshot of the issue)

The issue I am having in a known issue with Windows 10 and also Server 2016. There are multiple fixes that work to resolve the issue on a computer / laptop running Windows 10 but I cannot find a fix for a virtual machine running Server 2016 Standard.

Have you got any other suggestions or can you please provide me with contact details for Microsoft's Windows Server support team? Thanks

Kind regards,

Chris

Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both... 93c652d2-c817-4c5f-91f7-9897d1a57f8f?upload=true.jpg

AB501UTI0N, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...

1. Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both... - Similar Threads - RDS Server 2016

2. Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...: Hi All,I have multiple 2016 RDS servers that are having an issue where only a couple of users are getting a large white bar at top of a maximized application/window Chrome & Explorer are both effected.I originally posted a question on these forums over two years ago and did...
  3. White bar in top of the screen RDS Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White bar in top of the screen RDS Windows Server 2019: Greetings,We have 2 Windows Server 2019 RDS servers that several users use. We have a problem that is going on now for almost 1 year. At random a white bar over the whole length of the top screen appears. It is only when the active window is maximized. Most of the users...
  4. White bar in top of the screen RDS Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar in top of the screen RDS Windows Server 2019: Greetings,We have 2 Windows Server 2019 RDS servers that several users use. We have a problem that is going on now for almost 1 year. At random a white bar over the whole length of the top screen appears. It is only when the active window is maximized. Most of the users...
  5. White bar in top of the screen RDS Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows...: I have 6 displays setup with 2 of them being on top of another 2 below. Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows peeking into display on top. Here screenshots could upload for some reason here Chrome -...
  7. White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs: I'm having an issue when certain programs are maximized (Firefox and Chrome) they cause a bar to appear at the top of them on a second monitor above the one the program is on. This bar appears over any window that's on the second monitor as long as the maximized program is in...
  8. Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client: Hi, I'm trying to get my remote desktop across 2 monitors on my client laptop. I have done the following with no effect: The first method is directly through the RDP interface. Open the Remote Desktop and click the "Options" button on the bottom left-hand corner of the...
  9. Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows: Hi, Several users in my organization (Windows 10, updated to latest 1809 version, on recent Dell computers) have the following issue: when maximizing a window (Chrome, Slack, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), they see a large white band at the top, sometimes at the bottom, of the...
  10. Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...: Hello! Hope some one can assist i have different Users with a strange behaviour - if they maximize a window tested with IE11, Acrobat, Windows Explorer, google chrome they get an empty or black / white space on top of that window. Right clicking on the empty or black /...