Windows 10: Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

Discus and support Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have earlier upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10pro for free, so I have a digital lisence. Windows version is 1809. I made a major upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TuomasHakala, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

Hi,

I have earlier upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10pro for free, so I have a digital lisence. Windows version is 1809.

I made a major upgrade (motherboard, CPU, memory & graphics adapter), but kept hard drive & Windows untouched.

Activation error code is 0xC004C003.

Activation troubleshooter says that windows isn't possible to activate in this PC.

When I open a link, saying that I have changed a hardware configuration recently, it founds my PC. However, activating it still fails, try again later...

Any other activation tricks to try?

Br,

Tuomas

:)

TuomasHakala, Dec 7, 2018

2. Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Activating Windows 10 after a major hardware change.

I recently made a major upgrade to my computer that involved replacing the CPU, motherboard, and memory, and to make sure that no old drivers messed up the works, I performed a Reset install (chose to keep files). Now the machine was previously a Windows
    7 Pro machine that was upgraded to 10 Pro in the free upgrade program several years back. This means the activation is tied to my Microsoft account and all I have to do is make sure I'm logged into the machine to activate it. However, I'm being asked to
    activate Windows, and when I follow the instructions to activate after a major hardware change (go to Settings, Activation, Troubleshoot, select "I changed hardware on this device recently," select the device from the list, and click Activate), I get a message
    that says, "we can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Is there anything else I can try, or do I have to buy a new licence?

scienceguy8, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Bushka Win User

Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

1. Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - activation doesn't major

2. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working: I build my computer over a decade ago. I had upgraded from XP to 7 pro, to 8 pro, to 10 pro. The issue I have is that I had a working computer last week. I decided to upgrade my 6-year-old computer to a new motherboard/CPU/Memory because it was time.Saturday I bought a new...
  3. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working: I build my computer over a decade ago. I had upgraded from XP to 7 pro, to 8 pro, to 10 pro. The issue I have is that I had a working computer last week. I decided to upgrade my 6-year-old computer to a new motherboard/CPU/Memory because it was time.Saturday I bought a new...
  4. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Activate Windows after a major hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after a major hardware change: I recently had a hardware failure on my machine. After repairs and reinstalling windows I cannot complete activation.This copy of windows was purchased from the microsoft store a few months ago. I used the key from the original installation, but it is obviously tied to the...
  6. Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade: Hi, I upgraded to W10 way back when the free upgrade was being offered. I recently got a new PC but kept my existing SSD with W10 on. It's suddenly decided my copy of W10 isn't activated/genuine. I've read through all the guides and done all the recommended troubleshooting...
  7. Windows 10 re-activation after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 re-activation after hardware upgrade: I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 many years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was offered, which granted me a digital license. Recently, I upgraded my motherboard and CPU. But, before I did this I linked my upgraded Windows 10 to my Microsoft account so that after...
  8. Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade: Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and my Windows requests to be activated. Immediately on opening the Settings>Activation page I'm greeted with error code 0x80072EE2. Solutions tried: I've read the FAQs and tried to use...
  9. How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?

How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?: Hi, I have a (legit) copy of Windows 10 and I've just upgraded my PC's motherboard and GPU. Windows is telling me that I need to activate again my license. When I choose the "I've recently upgrade my hardware" option, I'm redirected to the Windows store to buy a new copy of...
  10. Re-activating Windows 10 after a major hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activating Windows 10 after a major hardware change.: I recently built a new pc, but kept my old hard drives. Foolishly I did not get a copy of the upgrade activation key (I upgraded from 7 to 10 a few years ago). I thought I had a Microsoft account bound to my Administrator profile on the last pc, but that does not seem to be...