Windows 10: Windows re-activation on a new laptop

Discus and support Windows re-activation on a new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In 2015, I have bought a licence for Windows 8.1 Home edition, which later was upgraded to Windows 10. The licence was used on a laptop which died... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlinRosulescu, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Windows re-activation on a new laptop

In 2015, I have bought a licence for Windows 8.1 Home edition, which later was upgraded to Windows 10. The licence was used on a laptop which died yesterday. Today I bought another one and tried to re-activate my windows 10 licence, but it doesn't work.

I have deleted my old laptop from the Microsoft account, added the new one, used the product key and nothing seems to work.

Any idea on how I can solve this issue?

Thanks,

Alin

:)

AlinRosulescu, Feb 17, 2019

2. activate windows on new laptop

Leprechaun J, Feb 17, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Windows re-activation on a new laptop

Problem with activation on New Windows 10 Laptop

Hello Necrosis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Is that new laptop came with Windows 10 Pre-installed?
    • Is this message appearing since from the purchase?
    • Do you remember any changes to the laptop made this to happen?
    If you bought a new device running Windows 10, it will automatically activate when you connect your device to the Internet. If the activation servers are busy, you might need to wait a while for Windows to activate.

To check activation status, select the Start
    Windows re-activation on a new laptop [​IMG]
    button,
    then select
    Settings > Update & security > Activation.

Note

• In some cases, you might need to enter the Windows 10 product key that came with the device packaging, or included as a card or on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the device.

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the below article and see if they help you.

How to find your Windows 10 product key

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

Activation in Windows 10

Give us above details, if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows re-activation on a new laptop

1. Windows re-activation on a new laptop - Similar Threads - activation laptop

2. How to activate windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows 10 in my laptop: How to activate windows 10 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-10-in-my-laptop/e6e250f9-55da-4d21-ac83-b0f6e83a1274
  3. How to activate windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows 10 in my laptop: How to activate windows 10 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-10-in-my-laptop/e6e250f9-55da-4d21-ac83-b0f6e83a1274
  4. How to activate windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?: I recently purchased my Microsoft Studio 2 laptop, and when I attempted to dual boot with Linux, I deleted my Windows boot manager. I am now unable to load Windows. May I ask how I may obtain the Windows 11 OEM license key? so that I can reinstall Windows. On the laptop box...
  6. How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?

How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?: I recently purchased my Microsoft Studio 2 laptop, and when I attempted to dual boot with Linux, I deleted my Windows boot manager. I am now unable to load Windows. May I ask how I may obtain the Windows 11 OEM license key? so that I can reinstall Windows. On the laptop box...
  7. The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???: Am i stuck having to pay for Windows myself now??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-given-to-me-has-windows-not-activated/59f9a336-f1b5-4591-849f-a449e89c7124
  8. The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???

The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???: Am i stuck having to pay for Windows myself now??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-given-to-me-has-windows-not-activated/59f9a336-f1b5-4591-849f-a449e89c7124
  9. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...
  10. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...