Windows 10: windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates

Discus and support windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Thanks a ton for sharing this illustrative tutorial. I have a weird issue and maybe you could throw some light on it. I had set up extended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Souvik, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Souvik Win User

windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates

Hi,

Thanks a ton for sharing this illustrative tutorial. I have a weird issue and maybe you could throw some light on it.

I had set up extended display on 3 monitors (2 DELL monitors and a Lenovo monitor). I have a DELL docking station to connect two monitors using a VGA cable and a mini-display port cable to my DELL Precision 5510. I have the third monitor connected to my laptop using an HDMI cable. (If I connect all three cables on the DELL docking station, one of the screen flickers, so I would say the docking station doesn't have enough juice to support all three monitors but connecting them as stated above works fine).

Anyway, my problem is: every time I unlock my screen from hibernation, I see all the windows rearrange randomly. I tried to see if there was any pattern but they just re-arrange randomly. Any idea why?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16GB RAM, Win 10

:)

Souvik, Jul 5, 2017
  2. Huaraz Win User

How can you install updates on a Laptop when you want ( never scheduled )

Sorry that does not address my question. I do not want to schedule Windows Update and I do not want that Windows 10 reboots on its own and wakes up a hibernated Laptop.

I have manually disabled the reboot scheduler, but as soon as I manually run Windows Update and manually reboot it will re-enable the scheduler for a time I do not want as it may wake up my hibernated system.

Markus

Huaraz, Jul 5, 2017
  3. How do I prevent windows 10 from scrambling the positions of my desktop icons on every start-up?

Experiencing the same problem, when I get back home with my laptop and connect it to the monitors, then desktop icons get auto re-arranged, while the auto arrange icons option is not selected.

Daniel GUEDON, Jul 5, 2017
Thema:

windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates

1. windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates - Similar Threads - arrange own laptop

2. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  3. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  4. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop icons keep re-arranging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons keep re-arranging: Why do my desktop icons get rearranged each time a start up or even when I click on one of the icons and then come back to the desktop? This is very annoying. [Original Title: Desktop icons]...
  6. Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor

Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor: I have a laptop as my primary work computer and sometimes I connect it on the same monitor as always. But this time I wanted to test what would happen if I set the secondary monitor as primary. Since then, if my laptop is set to primary, I connect it to my monitor and if...
  7. 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged: Didn't occur PRIOR to 1909 ..... Have 100+ Shortcuts on Desktop ... I had to Un-Chk [ Rt Clk on Desktop/ View/ Align Icons to Grid ] -- to KEEP multi-Shtcuts on Desktop in certain columns/Rows from Moving when just One Shtcut was re-located to another empty space. Now, Shtcut...
  8. windows 10 hibernate on its own (usually when inactive)

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 hibernate on its own (usually when inactive): anybody faced such a behavior ? i usually leave the laptop running over night to encode videos for my car player or gear vr , after the upgrade to the anniversary edition i noticed that windows 10 adopted an odd behavior of hibernating the system if it finds the user inactive...
  9. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View. I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will...
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...