Windows 10: windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates

Discus and support windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Thanks a ton for sharing this illustrative tutorial. I have a weird issue and maybe you could throw some light on it. I had set up extended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Souvik, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Souvik Win User

windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates

Hi,

Thanks a ton for sharing this illustrative tutorial. I have a weird issue and maybe you could throw some light on it.

I had set up extended display on 3 monitors (2 DELL monitors and a Lenovo monitor). I have a DELL docking station to connect two monitors using a VGA cable and a mini-display port cable to my DELL Precision 5510. I have the third monitor connected to my laptop using an HDMI cable. (If I connect all three cables on the DELL docking station, one of the screen flickers, so I would say the docking station doesn't have enough juice to support all three monitors but connecting them as stated above works fine).

Anyway, my problem is: every time I unlock my screen from hibernation, I see all the windows rearrange randomly. I tried to see if there was any pattern but they just re-arrange randomly. Any idea why?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16GB RAM, Win 10

:)

Souvik, Jul 5, 2017
  2. Huaraz Win User

How can you install updates on a Laptop when you want ( never scheduled )

Sorry that does not address my question. I do not want to schedule Windows Update and I do not want that Windows 10 reboots on its own and wakes up a hibernated Laptop.

I have manually disabled the reboot scheduler, but as soon as I manually run Windows Update and manually reboot it will re-enable the scheduler for a time I do not want as it may wake up my hibernated system.

Markus

Huaraz, Jul 5, 2017
  3. How do I prevent windows 10 from scrambling the positions of my desktop icons on every start-up?

Experiencing the same problem, when I get back home with my laptop and connect it to the monitors, then desktop icons get auto re-arranged, while the auto arrange icons option is not selected.

Daniel GUEDON, Jul 5, 2017
Thema:

windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates

1. windows re-arrange on their own when laptop hibernates - Similar Threads - arrange own laptop

2. Acer Aspire 15 hibernating on its own when in use...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acer Aspire 15 hibernating on its own when in use...: Hi there, I've asked this question before and the solution only worked for a week or so. My laptop screen flashes and the laptop locks even when I'm using it. I have tried a plethora of things. Most recently, I modified the advanced sleep settings within the power options....
  3. (Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged: Didn't occur PRIOR to 1909 ..... Have 100+ Shortcuts on Desktop ... I had to Un-Chk [ Rt Clk on Desktop/ View/ Align Icons to Grid ] -- to KEEP multi-Shtcuts on Desktop in certain columns/Rows from Moving when just One Shtcut was re-located to another empty space. Now, Shtcut...
  4. 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

in Windows 10 Customization
    1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged: Didn't occur PRIOR to 1909 ..... Have 100+ Shortcuts on Desktop ... I had to Un-Chk [ Rt Clk on Desktop/ View/ Align Icons to Grid ] -- to KEEP multi-Shtcuts on Desktop in certain columns/Rows from Moving when just One Shtcut was re-located to another empty space. Now, Shtcut...
  5. HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation

HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation: I have an HP450 running Windows 10 version 1903. It wakes up on its own from hibernation. Seems to occur if we leave it in hibernation for about 8 hours. I have reviewed other similar problems on Community but cannot resolve this. I disabled setting for plugged in:...
  6. Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to

Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to: On my Dell laptop, I have all sleep type settings off or on very high minutes so that it doesn't. I have System unattended sleep timeout showing and that is set high also. Still, after I come home after several hours, my laptop is shut down. I ran sleep diagnostics and it...
  7. Re-arrange User login accounts on lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Re-arrange User login accounts on lockscreen: Is there a way where I can change the settings so that instead of showing the most recent account signed in first, it will show a specific account always? Thank you....
  8. windows 10 hibernate on its own (usually when inactive)

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 hibernate on its own (usually when inactive): anybody faced such a behavior ? i usually leave the laptop running over night to encode videos for my car player or gear vr , after the upgrade to the anniversary edition i noticed that windows 10 adopted an odd behavior of hibernating the system if it finds the user inactive...
  9. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View. I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will...
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...