Windows 10: Windows Re-Install After Disk Fail

Discus and support Windows Re-Install After Disk Fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The hard drive on my computer just failed and cannot be restored. Originally, I upgraded it from from Windows 7 (which came with the PC) to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DwayneBH, Oct 16, 2019.

1. DwayneBH Win User

Windows Re-Install After Disk Fail

The hard drive on my computer just failed and cannot be restored. Originally, I upgraded it from from Windows 7 (which came with the PC) to Windows 10 when it was free to do so. Do I need to reinstall Windows 7 before installing Windows 10 and do I have to use my Windows 7 activation key with Windows 10? Also, can I use the Media Creation Tool to do a new Windows 10 install?

:)

DwayneBH, Oct 16, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 16, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 16, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Re-Install After Disk Fail - Similar Threads - Install Disk Fail

2. After Windows Re-Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Re-Install: After I performed a window Re-Install the following number of issues emerged and I am sure that there will be more.Cannot open Computer as per an Administrator Computer management once opened without as been Administrator will not close unless the computer is...
  3. After Windows Re-Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Re-Install: After I performed a window Re-Install the following number of issues emerged and I am sure that there will be more.Cannot open Computer as per an Administrator Computer management once opened without as been Administrator will not close unless the computer is...
  4. No Disk Found. Re-installation of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Disk Found. Re-installation of Windows.: I accidently installed the OS in a M.2 PCIe 3.0 lane instead of the PCIe 4.0 lane. Secure boot and CSM is also on. When I try to change the lane of the M.2 hard drive no OS appears to repair or install. If I change the secure boot to off custom, will I be able to turn it back...
  5. No Disk Found. Re-installation of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Disk Found. Re-installation of Windows.: I accidently installed the OS in a M.2 PCIe 3.0 lane instead of the PCIe 4.0 lane. Secure boot and CSM is also on. When I try to change the lane of the M.2 hard drive no OS appears to repair or install. If I change the secure boot to off custom, will I be able to turn it back...
  6. No Disk Found. Re-installation of Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. RE: 100% Disk usage in after installation Windows 10

RE: 100% Disk usage in after installation Windows 10: After reinstalling Windows 10, my computer runs very slowly,cpu is always working 100%, causing the machine to hang,how to fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  8. OneDrive re-installation fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive re-installation fails: I had a problem with my OneDrive installation: the OneDrive installation folder contained around 30 mostly different versions of OneDrive and took up nearly 10Gb of space on my SSD because sadly one cannot choose a different installation path. I ended up deleting all these...
  9. Windows 10 Product Activation Failed After Re-Installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Activation Failed After Re-Installation: Need help! I've just re-installed my Windows 10 laptop using (due to unfortunate situation) pirated installer. I have, however, saved my original product key and product. But when I try to insert my product key, the system just won't accept mine! Can you help me recovering...
  10. How to re-install windows after replacing a failed drive?

How to re-install windows after replacing a failed drive?: The SDD on which I had Windows 10 Enterprise Edition installed died, so I replaced it with a hard drive today. Now how do I re-install Windows? I tried to do it with a DVD I made from the ISO file but it created partitions then locked them, and nothing I've tried has worked....