Windows 10: Windows Re-opening windows, even after a HARD shutdown.

Discus and support Windows Re-opening windows, even after a HARD shutdown. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have NO idea why the thread on this subject was "locked", not allowing others to comment on it. You have an issue here that MUST be addressed, yet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimRickard, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Windows Re-opening windows, even after a HARD shutdown.

I have NO idea why the thread on this subject was "locked", not allowing others to comment on it. You have an issue here that MUST be addressed, yet, unless I create my own question? I apparently am "not allowed", to comment. Brilliant.

Now, my issue with this? Some program, since a few updates ago, likes to now use my ENTIRE HARD DRIVE, without my permission. EVERYTHING with bog down, I have a lighting system set up, that will inform me when my hard drive is suddenly being accessed in this manner. From what information I've been able to gather so far, Norton appeared to be the culprit, but I was not able to 100% ascertain this yet- when, suddenly, multiple windows I had open, RE-OPEN, when I shut down / then restart.

Now, supposedly there is a way to shut this function off. I will try that. HOWEVER, since when is it ok for Microsoft to just begin adding functions and other programs, and NOT informing their customers of EXACTLY what they are doing, ESPECIALLY with all of the MASSIVE privacy violations that have been occurring over the last several years.

Do you want my take? I bet you don't. But you will get it anyways. I believe "back-doors" and other functions, are being shoved into our computers, with OUT our knowledge, because Microsoft, and especially it's founder, is VERY unhappy with people such as myself, who KNOW certain programs you had placed in the "free" Windows 10 update, which you felt was appropriate, because it WAS FREE, which are really NOT.

So, folks like myself, began SHUTTING DOWN, many of these new "apps", that are claimed to exist, to either help us, guide us, or make our "experience seamless". but which are really "tracking" apps, "storage apps", for yourselves, you know, because people like myself? do NOT wish to give you feedback, and other such invasion tools.

Now, I had the system down fairly well, so I could STOP apps from find ways into my music programs and my home studio- the really bad ones draw from my MEMORY, which DESTROYS my recording capabilities. It too me over a YEAR to finally figure all of this out, then make a video about it, to try and help other musicians and home-studio users, STOP this nightmare.

Sadly, the video was co-opted by one of those in my music groups, but I DO still have the original. Although, you've now found ways to get around everything I was doing, once again, not only ruining the home recording experience, but invading privacy, and enabling hackers a way in, to STEAL other peoples property.

Now, I tried to work with Windows before- I gave them a LOT of the information I had gathered, NOT my solutions, but I guess instead of working to help out the home recording area? You abused it, and used it to get rid of any work arounds. Thanks for that.

And now? Now we see you, Facebook and others, getting HACKED, and losing our information to these people. And your solution is now to..what? Just put whatever damn apps you want into our computers, WITHOUT informing us, all because Windows 10 was free?

If this is the case, the cost is WAY the hell higher than just buying the damn program, which FORCED YOU TO BE OPEN AND HONEST WITH YOUR CLIENTELE, OR YOU COULD FACE LEGAL ACTION.

And hence? Why you "gave" Windows 10, for "free". But nothing is ever really "free", is it now. And you DIDN'T WANT people to know, what your REAL PRICE was going to be, now did you?

I have never seen programs, with the ability to access my Hard drive, without my knowledge or permission, and take up ALL 5 TB'S of space. EVER.

Well, until now.

I am unsure whether to post this as a question or discussion- I think I will do discussion- because one is WAY past due on this, IMO.

:)

TimRickard, Apr 20, 2020
  2. little cat, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Weer Win User

Windows Re-opening windows, even after a HARD shutdown.

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Thema:

Windows Re-opening windows, even after a HARD shutdown.

1. Windows Re-opening windows, even after a HARD shutdown. - Similar Threads - opening HARD shutdown

2. Windows 11 freezes completely when opening any browser even after re install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes completely when opening any browser even after re install: I have recently started having the problem of the entire pc freezing when i open any of my browsers. At first I thought it was only a Google chrome issue like when it randomly closes and stops responding and then it shows it's got an update but no, the problem persisted with...
  3. Windows 1 freezes completely when opening any browser even after re install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1 freezes completely when opening any browser even after re install: I have recently started having the problem of the entire pc freezing when i open any of my browsers. At first I thought it was only a Google chrome issue like when it randomly closes and stops responding and then it shows it's got an update but no, the problem persisted with...
  4. Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows: Hi,I recently built my first PC a few months ago, but after installing Windows, I've been running into constant BSOD errors . My hardware is all fine, with all components properly seated. I have downloaded both BlueScreenView and WinDbg Preview in an attempt to navigate...
  5. Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows

Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows: Hi,I recently built my first PC a few months ago, but after installing Windows, I've been running into constant BSOD errors . My hardware is all fine, with all components properly seated. I have downloaded both BlueScreenView and WinDbg Preview in an attempt to navigate...
  6. Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  8. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  9. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows Update freeze even after re-installing windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update freeze even after re-installing windows.: Hello, For more than a year I have been having issues with updating my Windows 10 computer. Whenever there is an update scheduled when turning off the computer, it will freeze at around 30% (the moving circling dots will freeze as well), and it will stay like that for hours...