Windows 10: Windows re-triggers search when I click show desktop

Discus and support Windows re-triggers search when I click show desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi please can someone help with the following issue:If I open a folder and initiate a search in the search bar at top right, once the search has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xeys X, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Xeys X Win User

Windows re-triggers search when I click show desktop

Hi please can someone help with the following issue:If I open a folder and initiate a search in the search bar at top right, once the search has completed, if I then hit the back button, then press 'show desktop', the search will perform again in the same folder. The only way to stop this is to close and reopen the folder, what is causing the problem and can it be fixed?

:)

Xeys X, Sep 22, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

Thema:

1. Windows re-triggers search when I click show desktop - Similar Threads - triggers search click

2. All open windows close when clicked on show desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All open windows close when clicked on show desktop: In windows 10, when i click the small bar right the taskbar to go to my dekstop. All my open windows close, this is not very pleasant. I rebooted a few time to maybe solve the problem with no luck. I search at the settings and on the internet but I could find anything.How can...
  3. All open windows close when clicked on show desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All open windows close when clicked on show desktop: In windows 10, when i click the small bar right the taskbar to go to my dekstop. All my open windows close, this is not very pleasant. I rebooted a few time to maybe solve the problem with no luck. I search at the settings and on the internet but I could find anything.How can...
  4. All open windows close when clicked on show desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows re-triggers search when I click show desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows re-triggers search when I click show desktop: Hi please can someone help with the following issue:If I open a folder and initiate a search in the search bar at top right, once the search has completed, if I then hit the back button, then press 'show desktop', the search will perform again in the same folder. The only way...
  6. Windows re-triggers search when I click show desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows re-triggers search when I click show desktop: Hi please can someone help with the following issue:If I open a folder and initiate a search in the search bar at top right, once the search has completed, if I then hit the back button, then press 'show desktop', the search will perform again in the same folder. The only way...
  7. Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it: I cannot open Windows Search box. When I click it, nothing shows up as if I didn't click the search box. I tried everything on internet but it didn't work. What can I do?...
  8. when i right clicked, it only shows the enable and search online options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when i right clicked, it only shows the enable and search online options: [ATTACH] what is this and how to remove it when i right clicked, it only shows the enable and search online options https://preview.redd.it/f0jagu06k3351.jpg?width=635&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1bd7e4f559ba9b3cbdce0ed78a7e9f3960e5a609 submitted by /u/Ritesh_Joshi...
  9. Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.: Hello. I hope I can find some help here. When I click on File Explorer or any folder to do a search, the search tools not does show up. And sometimes I can't search at all. It won't me click on it. I also noticed sometimes a gray box shows up on the folder search....
  10. Calendar not showing on desktop when I click the date and time

in Windows 10 Support
    Calendar not showing on desktop when I click the date and time: [img] Hello, I suddenly have no desktop calendar showing when I click on the time and date in the taskbar. There used to be a huge rectangluar thing with a calendar there, but now nothing. Can anyone please help me with this? I added a screenshot to show what it does...