Windows 10: Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

Discus and support Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I just installed a new cpu, motherboard and ram into my windows pc. After a couple hours I noticed a watermark asking me to activate windows, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JamesDevereaux2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

So I just installed a new cpu, motherboard and ram into my windows pc. After a couple hours I noticed a watermark asking me to activate windows, so I went to settings clicked troubleshoot, recently changed hardware, then I selected my device and it just says we are unable to reactivate windows. What do I do. I've had this computer and windows account for thee years, and aside from replacing my gpu a couple months ago this is the first time I have made a significant change to my hardware. Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

JamesDevereaux2, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

So I just installed a new cpu, motherboard and ram into my windows pc. After a couple hours I noticed a watermark asking me to activate windows, so I went to settings clicked troubleshoot, recently changed hardware, then I selected my device and it just
    says we are unable to reactivate windows. What do I do. I've had this computer and windows account for thee years, and aside from replacing my gpu a couple months ago this is the first time I have made a significant change to my hardware. Any suggestions?

Thanks

JamesDevereaux2, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

So I think that I messed up by not preparing my windows 10 for a software change. Could i just boot my system with the old motherboard, take the preparation steps and then try with the new parts?

JamesDevereaux2, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

1. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment - Similar Threads - Reactivation Changing Equipment

2. Reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows after hardware change: I'm trying to reactivate windows 10 after a hardware change. This link describes how to do it, but seems to assume you prepare before changing hardware by connecting the windows 10 license to the microsoft account, which I had not done....
  3. Reactivating Windows After Motherboard Change

Reactivating Windows After Motherboard Change: I changed my motherboard today and now I can't activate my windows which is digital so I don't have any product key. I am trying to reinstalling the Windows but the tool is also erroring. I tried everything in the forum. Any solutions?...
  4. Windows Reactivation after Hardware Change

Windows Reactivation after Hardware Change: I originally installed Windows 10 as a free upgrade from Windows 7, then linked the license to my Microsoft Account. Now I've upgraded most of my hardware and the troubleshooter is telling me I don't have a valid license that matches my device type. The Error Code I'm getting...
  5. reactivating windows after hardware change...

reactivating windows after hardware change...: So recently i have upgraded my computer from a prebuilt to a custom built. I kept some parts from the old computer such as the hard drive and graphics card. When i try to reactivate windows after trouble shooting and selecting a device, an error comes up and says "could not...
  6. Reactivating windows after hardware change

Reactivating windows after hardware change: Hi, I bought a custom made desktop lately, i activated the windows right away and after a few days there were some issues like i get a blue screen very often and then it the computer completely stopped working, couldn't turn it on anymore ( still not sure what was the...
  7. Reactivating Windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating Windows after a hardware change: I originally purchased win7 and upgraded to win10 through the free program a couple of years ago. I recently upgraded the machine a bit (new motherboard), and was attempting to activate to no avail. The troubleshooter can see my linked account, but fails to re-activate. Is...
  8. windows reactivation after hardware change

windows reactivation after hardware change: I changed my hardware and then opened the windows activation troubleshooter and then choosed I recently changed the hardware of this device and then it asked me to login with my microsoft windows linked account and I did it but then it said ''unable to activate Windows'' We...
  9. Reactivate windows after hardware change

Reactivate windows after hardware change: Hello, I've recently upgraded my computer with all new parts, except SSD and HDD. On the SSD I had Windows 10 Pro installed since earlier. I bought it through Microsofts website and I can still see it in my order history. Now when I start my PC I get a message saying that...
  10. Reactivation of windows after hardware change

Reactivation of windows after hardware change: Hey, I know there are alot of these kinds of posts but none have the solution for my problem. I recently changed my motherboard and cpu and now my paid full retail version of windows 10 pro doesnt allow me to reactivate it on the same machine, I have gone through the...