Windows 10: Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

Discus and support Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I just installed a new cpu, motherboard and ram into my windows pc. After a couple hours I noticed a watermark asking me to activate windows, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JamesDevereaux2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

So I just installed a new cpu, motherboard and ram into my windows pc. After a couple hours I noticed a watermark asking me to activate windows, so I went to settings clicked troubleshoot, recently changed hardware, then I selected my device and it just says we are unable to reactivate windows. What do I do. I've had this computer and windows account for thee years, and aside from replacing my gpu a couple months ago this is the first time I have made a significant change to my hardware. Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

JamesDevereaux2, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

So I just installed a new cpu, motherboard and ram into my windows pc. After a couple hours I noticed a watermark asking me to activate windows, so I went to settings clicked troubleshoot, recently changed hardware, then I selected my device and it just
    says we are unable to reactivate windows. What do I do. I've had this computer and windows account for thee years, and aside from replacing my gpu a couple months ago this is the first time I have made a significant change to my hardware. Any suggestions?

Thanks

JamesDevereaux2, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

So I think that I messed up by not preparing my windows 10 for a software change. Could i just boot my system with the old motherboard, take the preparation steps and then try with the new parts?

JamesDevereaux2, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

1. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment - Similar Threads - Reactivation Changing Equipment

2. Reactivating windows after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating windows after motherboard change.: I changed my motherboard on my prebuild computer I bought last year it was already activated with windows 10 home but now I upgraded the motherboard it says it isnt activated and I dont have the product key....
  3. Activation after equipment change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after equipment change: Troubleshooting does not help, since the computer is not in the list of devices and the windows editions do not match, although the key is from windows 10 pro. When you enter the key, an error pops up...
  4. Windows reactivation after hardware change

Windows reactivation after hardware change: So note to people, if you HAD windows eight and upgraded to windows ten when it was free, you dont ACTUALLY have it and if you make a hardware change you're just **** : but of course they dont TELL anyone that...
  5. Equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equipment: Can someone recomend the best middle of the road setup for Microsoft Flight simulator 2020? i need everything from the computer to controls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equipment/72da2741-79b9-4be1-af54-54f50cabb5b2
  6. Reactivating windows after a hardware change.

Reactivating windows after a hardware change.: Hello, I recently replaced the motherboard of my PC and not I can't reactivate windows. Trying to change product key returns error 0x803FA067....
  7. Windows reactivation after computer change

Windows reactivation after computer change: Hi all! I searched trough existing threads for help but without success, so I'm opening new one. I have a Win 10 digital license that I picked up a few years ago when MS gave a free upgrade from 7 to 10. This license is properly linked to my Microsoft account on my old PC....
  8. Reactivating windows after hardware change

Reactivating windows after hardware change: Recently changed the hardware of my computer and trying to reactivate windows 10. I used the free upgrade that was sent out for windows 7 and 8.1 users to get access to windows 10. I followed all of the steps on the support page, but after selecting the device that is linked...
  9. Reactivating Windows after Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows after Hardware Change: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 onto my SSD (from my HDD) in order to speed up my computer. There are in fact no hardware changes, I simply have Windows installed on a different drive. After having looked through the forums, I attempted to reactivate Windows using the...
  10. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

Reactivating Windows after hardware change: Hello, Recently I switched out my motherboard and CPU, so I've been trying to reactivate Windows after reinstalling it. Before I changed my hardware, I made sure that my license was linked to my Microsoft account. However, when I go to the activation settings I get the...