Windows 10: Windows reactivation after resetting computer

Discus and support Windows reactivation after resetting computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently I had an issue where a Windows update downloaded wrong and my keyboard and mouse stopped working when Windows actually started. That's not my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Soaps67, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Soaps67 Win User

Windows reactivation after resetting computer

Recently I had an issue where a Windows update downloaded wrong and my keyboard and mouse stopped working when Windows actually started.
    That's not my current issue, I have resolved that, I only mention it to explain why I had to do a reset.

anyways

My current problem is after resetting windows via the advance startup mode Windows now wants me to activate it again. I originally downloaded windows 10 in 2016 via a USB that I got from a store, but have since thrown away the packaging, but kept the USB. To activate Windows, I seem to need my product key, which I don't have a physical copy of anymore.

what should I do about this?

:)

Soaps67, Jul 17, 2020
  2. 66er Win User

Windows reactivation after computer change

Hi all!
    I searched trough existing threads for help but without success, so I'm opening new one.

I have a Win 10 digital license that I picked up a few years ago when MS gave a free upgrade from 7 to 10.
    This license is properly linked to my Microsoft account on my old PC.

Now, I bought a new computer, so I was thinking of reactivating windows on a new machine, but it turns out it's not as simple as the instructions says:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/...ardware-change

I signed in on new PC with my active account but when I try to activate windows on new machine trough Troubleshoot it is not displaying new PC in the list of computers associated with the MS account.

Does anyone know if Win 10 can be reactivated after a computer change?

According to Microsoft I need to buy new licence, but also I found info that it can be activated but you need to add a new account (option that I don't have since I'm already signed in)..

Any help is highly appreciated.

3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 17, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows reactivation after resetting computer - Similar Threads - reactivation resetting computer

2. Cannot reactivate Windows 11 Education after a reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 11 Education after a reset: My PC runs windows 11 Education system with license from my university. Because of a series of drive and firmware conflicts, I decided to reset the system. However, after the system was reinstalled, when I tried to login with my student account with correct student email...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows 11 Education after a reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reactivate Windows 11 Education after a reset: My PC runs windows 11 Education system with license from my university. Because of a series of drive and firmware conflicts, I decided to reset the system. However, after the system was reinstalled, when I tried to login with my student account with correct student email...
  4. Cannot reactivate windows 10 after hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate windows 10 after hard reset: Hi,I have just hard reseted my system by using "Reset this PC" button in "Recovery" options. The problem is that I wanted to remove all files because I had some problems with system and I hoped that completely cleaning it will help and after reseting and reinstalling windows...
  5. Cannot reactivate windows 10 after hard reset

Cannot reactivate windows 10 after hard reset: Hi,I have just hard reseted my system by using "Reset this PC" button in "Recovery" options. The problem is that I wanted to remove all files because I had some problems with system and I hoped that completely cleaning it will help and after reseting and reinstalling windows...
  6. Cannot reactivate windows 10 after hard reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cant reactivate windows after reassembling the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reactivate windows after reassembling the computer: So I build a new machine few days ago, and I installed windows 11 on my new machine. I purchased a geniune copy of windows 11 from microsoft store and activated it. The day after that, my machine is not booting and I reassembled the whole machine. The windows needs...
  8. Cant reactivate windows after reassembling the computer

Cant reactivate windows after reassembling the computer: So I build a new machine few days ago, and I installed windows 11 on my new machine. I purchased a geniune copy of windows 11 from microsoft store and activated it. The day after that, my machine is not booting and I reassembled the whole machine. The windows needs...
  9. Windows reactivation after computer change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reactivation after computer change: Hi all! I searched trough existing threads for help but without success, so I'm opening new one. I have a Win 10 digital license that I picked up a few years ago when MS gave a free upgrade from 7 to 10. This license is properly linked to my Microsoft account on my old PC....
  10. reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer: had to restore my computer. Now my windows 10 will not let me use any of my apps. says that I need to re install the code # I down loaded the free version of windows 10 so do not have a product code. been to my settings to try to re activate and it just sends me around in...