Windows 10: Windows reactivation

Discus and support Windows reactivation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had genuine windows 7 basic sp1 before, when windows gave the option to upgrade the OS for free of cost,I upgraded it to windows 10 home. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DHEERAJ JAIN_296, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Windows reactivation

I had genuine windows 7 basic sp1 before, when windows gave the option to upgrade the OS for free of cost,I upgraded it to windows 10 home.
    But recently my system had issue with internal hard disk, so I gave it to repair, they installed pirated windows 10 pro. Now is it possible to install
    genuine windows 10 home again with the old product key I have.

:)

DHEERAJ JAIN_296, Mar 27, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Boyfriend Win User

Windows reactivation

Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

He is using AMD already. He wants downgrading to AM3. Don't know why??

If you change HDD + RAM simultaneously, Windows 7 needs to be reactivated. Only HDD cloning shouldn't require reactivation. As you are changing mobo + HDD (prehaps RAM upgrade too), you will surely require reactivation. If you have genuine license, you should reinstall OS (you might use Windows Easy Transfer). If you don't want to reinstall, you need to uninstall HDD, interfaces/system devices, and numerous other drivers (USB, HID, Portable devices, etc.), else your OS will be unstable.
    I will highly recommend to reinstall Windows 7 and enjoy your migration.

A simple trick might be like this to avoid reactivation:
    1. Clone your HDD first and boot into Windows
    2. Use it for at least one week
    3. Replace mobo only without any other hardware change/upgrade and boot
    4. Use it for at least one week
    5. Do any other upgrade (RAM, Graphic card etc.)

Don't do two simultaneous downgrades/upgrades to avoid reactivation.

Boyfriend, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows reactivation

1. Windows reactivation - Similar Threads - reactivation

2. reactivating Windows on new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reactivating Windows on new laptop: Hi.. I'm going to buy new laptop,because on my old on I have broken screen.My question is...how can I activate my Windows 10 pro on my new laptop from old one..I bought product key online and it is Windows 10 pro......
  3. Reactivating windows on a new laptop

Reactivating windows on a new laptop: Hi, I had purchased a digital license of windows 10 pro on my old laptop in March 2019. I recently purchased a new laptop and I have been trying to install and activate windows 10 pro on my new laptop through the microsoft store. But it is not giving me an option to...
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

Reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: Just installed new motherboard etc. Went thru all the steps I needed to make sure my digital license was linked to my Microsoft Account prior to change. When I run the troubleshooter to reactivate windows the PC shows up but will not activate. Tells me I need to go to the...
  5. Can't reactivate windows 10 on a new motherboard

Can't reactivate windows 10 on a new motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard but when i try to reactivate windows through troubleshoot it keeps saying something about servers unavailable and i've been trying for 2 days When i plug in my old motherboard, windows activates by itself...
  6. I can't reactivate my windows after i changed the motherboard

I can't reactivate my windows after i changed the motherboard: I bought windows 10 from store in December 2 2015, couple of years after my motherboard was broken, and I changed it, now I can't activate windows. [ATTACH] Tried to contact support and I got no help, the latest person I talked to was keep telling me to buy a new license,...
  7. Windows reactivation

Windows reactivation: Hi, I used windows 10 enterprise digital key. But suddenly I needed to change my motherboard & hard drive. I forget the windows 10 enterprise key. How can I recover the key from Microsoft account....
  8. Windows 10 reactivation issue

Windows 10 reactivation issue: Hello, like many people before, I'm having issues with my Windows 10 Pro key that was supposedly associated with this account and now I can't activate my Windows after changing my motherboard and CPU. I've tried the solutions presented by the virtual agent and nothing works....
  9. Change of hardware reactivation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change of hardware reactivation: Here is my situation -Many moons ago I built my own computer -I installed Windows 8/8.1 on it and activated it with a legitimately purchased retail product key. I no longer have access to this product key. -In the free upgrade period I updated to windows 10 -I have a...
  10. Driver reactivate.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver reactivate.: Hii… I Turned off my display driver for my motherboard, because the device manager isn't picking up my graphics card and I hoped that that would help. It didn't, now I have no display outputs working. Is there any way that I could re-enable my mobo output, without seeing the...