Windows 10: Windows reading some DVDs, not others

Discus and support Windows reading some DVDs, not others in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BigKetchup, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD RW is a PLDS DVD-RW DS8A8SH. Windows 10 Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045.Thanks!

:)

BigKetchup, Mar 18, 2024
  2. kukane Win User

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Mar 18, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Dvd reading

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that Windows is unable to discover the contents of a DVD drive.

I would suggest you to follow the below recommended methods and see if it helps.

Method 1:As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the follow these steps to run the windows
    in built troubleshooter to detect issues, if any.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Hardware and Device
    options from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the above recommendation does not help,I would suggest you to install the driver for the DVD ROM in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Locate the installation package file for your DVD ROM device driver.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

• Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, please let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 18, 2024
  4. jgunning Win User

Windows reading some DVDs, not others

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

Did it come with a warranty..?It should just work.. *Cool Windows reading some DVDs, not others :cool:

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Mar 18, 2024
Thema:

Windows reading some DVDs, not others

1. Windows reading some DVDs, not others - Similar Threads - reading DVDs others

2. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  3. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  4. read errors when ripping dvds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read errors when ripping dvds: hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue...
  5. read errors when ripping dvds

read errors when ripping dvds: hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue...
  6. read errors when ripping dvds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Optical drive will not read DVDs

Optical drive will not read DVDs: Have used VLC media player for a few years with no problem for both CDs and DVDs on Windows 10 OS. Suddenly DVDs are not recognised. The device is working properly, drivers are up to date, have tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling, have edited the registry to remove...
  8. Some dvds can't read in computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some dvds can't read in computer.: Some dvds can't read in computer bot working on tv. Which software can read this dvd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-dvds-cant-read-in-computer/18e9f0fb-711a-4602-a327-55a39bcbe2e3
  9. dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past

dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past: using a built in dvd drive, but receiving this error: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) Computer Asus Q550L, Windows 10 ver latest...
  10. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...