Windows 10: Windows reads as XP

Discus and support Windows reads as XP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently tried to upgrade Firefox, and Firefox and other third party programs think Windows 10 is actually XP and they won't update or install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chrisdavis-221, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows reads as XP

I recently tried to upgrade Firefox, and Firefox and other third party programs think Windows 10 is actually XP and they won't update or install because they read it as XP. How do I get the system to read as the Windows 10 that it is instead of XP?

:)

chrisdavis-221, Dec 6, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
  3. iStink Win User
    Windows 7 to Pack Virtual Windows XP

ah! lol. I selected xp from a list and thought that was all that was needed, turns out its just suggesting settings based on the selection. I'll just read up on this. I'm rushing into it without much thought here.

ya I'm an idiot dude. I thought this would be like the windows mobile emulator in visual studio where everything is loaded already for you. I dont exactly have an xp disc laying around here at work lol.

I'll just have to play with it when I get home.

iStink, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Windows reads as XP

freaksavior, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows reads as XP

1. Windows reads as XP - Similar Threads - reads

2. Microphone Not Working Read Post for Details

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Not Working Read Post for Details: My Mic has not worked on my PC for a while now and I have noticed that my microphone is "not plugged in". My Headset is the Razer Kraken Pro V2 with one 3.5mm analog jack. There is not a seperate plug for the mic and I know that it is not the headset's problem because I have...
  3. Questions: (1) OneDrive Support for Windows 10 PCs closed I read; and (2) OneDrive syncing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions: (1) OneDrive Support for Windows 10 PCs closed I read; and (2) OneDrive syncing...: Hello, I own 3 Windows 10 PCs. I am using OneDrive to back up Files and other content on all of them. I have some questions regarding OneDrive help and support, and I have specific questions about OneDrive, as follows. 1. Why did Microsoft Close the OneDrive Forum?...
  4. Search folder changes to read only

in Cortana
    Search folder changes to read only: Hi, Problem with a W10 /pro 64 bit workstation, version 1803 17131.407. After the latest update the search stopped finding stuff. Even in a folder with a file like photo.jpg, a search for photo or photo.* or even photo.jpg showed nothing. This had happened before....
  5. Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails: Hi, outlook 365 is automatically deleting my 'read' emails. I cannot find any setting to stop this from happening. I have read other threads which say to 'go to view - current view - view all emails' however the 'view all emails' option doesn't exist. The only options I have...
  6. In File Explorer, when viewing with Small icons, can I have more space to read a title?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In File Explorer, when viewing with Small icons, can I have more space to read a title?: What I can read of a title just me only about half of the file viewing space as if there were categories only not shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-file-explorer-when-viewing-with-small-icons-can/21906395-9cc1-493a-9571-0047e21508e4"
  7. It's Too Hard To Read The Task Manager CPU Usage That Fast! It Makes Myself Feel Dizzy!

in Windows 10 Customization
    It's Too Hard To Read The Task Manager CPU Usage That Fast! It Makes Myself Feel Dizzy!: The Programs Are Zipping Around Too Fast That It's Too Hard To Read The CPU Usage That Fast. I've Tried Looking For This Related Article For Support And You Don't Have It On The Bing Website....
  8. Fresh Install Windows 10 1809 And then Install NVIDIA Driver Got BSOD.(please Read Full Story)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Install Windows 10 1809 And then Install NVIDIA Driver Got BSOD.(please Read Full Story): Hi Dear, I'm facing a very bad problem regarding windows. I'm using "ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UN" Notebook. PUBG, Call of duty, Battlefield, GTA V can be played on this little shit and I get 55 fps average. And right now I'm using Windows 10 pro Version 1803. After using one...
  9. Unable to access (read and write) USB flash drive in Windows 10

Unable to access (read and write) USB flash drive in Windows 10: I have tried multiple solutions to troubleshoot or even just to distinguish what the problem is but nothing seems to work. 1.) I tried to copy and paste a file from my desktop to the flash drive but saw this: [ATTACH] 2.) Everyone including myself have permission to do...
  10. SD card not being completely read.

SD card not being completely read.: SD card problem hello I just got a new HP laptop. I have alot of my school papers on a sd card that came from my old HP laptop. When I put it in the new one not all the files were listed I thought the files had been lost but I still come put them up on the old laptop. I have...