Windows 10: Windows reads as XP

Discus and support Windows reads as XP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently tried to upgrade Firefox, and Firefox and other third party programs think Windows 10 is actually XP and they won't update or install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chrisdavis-221, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows reads as XP

I recently tried to upgrade Firefox, and Firefox and other third party programs think Windows 10 is actually XP and they won't update or install because they read it as XP. How do I get the system to read as the Windows 10 that it is instead of XP?

:)

chrisdavis-221, Dec 6, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
  3. iStink Win User
    Windows 7 to Pack Virtual Windows XP

ah! lol. I selected xp from a list and thought that was all that was needed, turns out its just suggesting settings based on the selection. I'll just read up on this. I'm rushing into it without much thought here.

ya I'm an idiot dude. I thought this would be like the windows mobile emulator in visual studio where everything is loaded already for you. I dont exactly have an xp disc laying around here at work lol.

I'll just have to play with it when I get home.

iStink, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Windows reads as XP

freaksavior, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows reads as XP

1. Windows reads as XP - Similar Threads - reads

2. Anyone Brave Enough To Read My Logs? (1803/1809/1903 (fromWI) Fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone Brave Enough To Read My Logs? (1803/1809/1903 (fromWI) Fail: I'm not good at interpreting logs partly due to failing eyesight and partly due to my ignorance of how they work. Thanks in advance! 131244
  3. Please Help Me Microsoft. Scaling Resolution Prob-read pls!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please Help Me Microsoft. Scaling Resolution Prob-read pls!: Please look into this so i had this problem ever since i bought my laptop lenovo touch ideapad 310-15ISK so anyways i looked up on the internet about this thing btw its a resolution problem scaling yeah i have BLACK BARS in game net solutions leaded me into Intel Graphics...
  4. How to read iPhone .JPG and .MOV files in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to read iPhone .JPG and .MOV files in windows 10.: How to read iPhone .JPG and .MOV files in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-read-iphone-jpg-and-mov-files-in-windows-10/c8efebb5-d996-48a6-8e16-0b523e7fc69f"
  5. how to read iphone jpg in windows 10

how to read iphone jpg in windows 10: how to read iphone .JPG and .MOV files in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-read-iphone-jpg-in-windows-10/5cad31bd-5230-4a28-8c98-8df1df831f57"
  6. sccm Unable to read task sequence configuration disk.for more information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sccm Unable to read task sequence configuration disk.for more information: Unable to read task sequence configuration disk. for more information appears when using SCCM to deploy service after booting to PE with U disk, but it can go on normally after replacing U disk, but some U disk can not be used. I found that the DISK ID of U disk which can be...
  7. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A network error occured while attempting to read from the file: When I was trying to install a software, this error happened. "A network error occured while attempting to read from the file" [ATTACH] Someone suggested that I have to make sure I am in administrator mode. I checked that I already have the full control. But I still can't...
  8. Outlook email read messages get cut off on ride side in read pane, Word file also gets cut...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook email read messages get cut off on ride side in read pane, Word file also gets cut...: Hello, 1. I have Windows 10, using outlook for emails. In the read pane, my outlook email messages get cut off from the below. Conversations is off, does anyone know how to resolve this issue? 2. Same way, my Word document gets cut off from the below. Pl help. Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...: OS version 1809, build 17763.437 (i.e. up to date) The only odd thing I've done regarding the system, is that I installed the Apple super drive driver (and nothing else) from the Bootcamp software. I subsequently uninstalled it, but the system remained being able to read...
  10. Edge Chromium, the Reading List

Edge Chromium, the Reading List: on the Edge feedback forum at I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-   Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge...