Windows 10: Windows reboot wrote off account

Discus and support Windows reboot wrote off account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This afternoon around 10 hours ago I rebooted my computer and when it came back up again all my desktop shortcuts and everything had gone. I've spent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkRrrrRR, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Windows reboot wrote off account

This afternoon around 10 hours ago I rebooted my computer and when it came back up again all my desktop shortcuts and everything had gone. I've spent all day trying to sort this out to no avail. I can copy all the shortcuts back from users etc... but all of my software is no longer authorized. Whilst I can still have the option to reauthorize most of it there's some where there are limited authorization options. I suspect that Windows 10 is logging into the wrong user account as all my info is there under the users section but I don't know what to do to restore everything. I have Ableton Live installed and it's asking me to re-authorize and it really shouldn't. Plus a number of other programs that are now not recognised. I cannot work until this is sorted out. Please help me.

:)

MarkRrrrRR, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows reboot wrote off account :(

Zakin, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Windows reboot wrote off account

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows reboot wrote off account

1. Windows reboot wrote off account - Similar Threads - reboot wrote off

2. The thing I wrote on Microsoft Word today:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The thing I wrote on Microsoft Word today:: My own custom version of the Phineas & Ferb theme song: Song title: Today is going to be a Perfect Day!Song artist: Iker Damian Rodriguez me------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Song lyrics:...
  3. I accidentally wrote over my Windows partition with Android

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally wrote over my Windows partition with Android: I am kind of at a loss on how to go backwards. I've got important stuff on the Windows partition that I must recover. Prior to loading Android 8 onto my Surface Pro 5 I made a separate partition. Somehow the boot loader didn't see that partition and treated the entire drive...
  4. Power off and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power off and reboot: After 5 mins idle. My PC needed to be restarted regardless of sleep or power of settings I set. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-and-reboot/f80536a2-0734-455a-9d2f-992e057f83ea
  5. Power off and reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power off and reboot: After 5 mins idle. My PC needed to be restarted regardless of sleep or power of settings I set. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-and-reboot/f80536a2-0734-455a-9d2f-992e057f83ea
  6. Power Off and reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Off and reboot: After 5 min idle, my PC requires reboot to wake up regardless of sleep and power-off settings. Using Win 11 now, but had same problem in 2019 with Win 10. Took Microsoft 3 mos of support calls to repair....
  7. Power Off and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Off and reboot: After 5 min idle, my PC requires reboot to wake up regardless of sleep and power-off settings. Using Win 11 now, but had same problem in 2019 with Win 10. Took Microsoft 3 mos of support calls to repair....
  8. Bios Reboot powered off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios Reboot powered off: I have a Vivo PC x, the other day I saw something on the screen I thought was a virus so i hard powered off the systemHeld the button down till everything died Turns out the computer was updating some bios records or whatever bios relates to, regardless, now I can't do...
  9. How do i insert a document i wrote in Grammarly to a gmail email account ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i insert a document i wrote in Grammarly to a gmail email account ?: i wrote a document in grammarly and i dont know how to insert it to a gmail email text message ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-insert-a-document-i-wrote-in-grammarly-to/d086967a-329e-4713-850a-2a5a01ad5dc7
  10. Random power offs & reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Random power offs & reboots: The PC is a fairly old custom built machine with an Asus P6T motherboard running Win 10/64 Home Build 1703. It has started powering off and rebooting itself at random times. When it does this it reboots 3 times, gets itself to the Recovery partition, and then shows the...