Windows 10: Windows recent update broke my whole system

Discus and support Windows recent update broke my whole system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to the newest 2004 version of windows and when it restarted there was just a black screen. I tried to do a system restore and had no luck,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Danielzav, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Danielzav Win User

Windows recent update broke my whole system

I updated to the newest 2004 version of windows and when it restarted there was just a black screen. I tried to do a system restore and had no luck, now my system is stuck on a infinite boot loop and won't even access the system restore, the only thing I can access is the BIOS. Can anyone try to help me?

:)

Danielzav, Aug 14, 2020

2. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Windows recent update broke my whole system Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Windows recent update broke my whole system

recent fedora update broke the OS?

anyone recently update your Fedora 11 system and notice video card issues? Well after an update it stopped using the x nvidia drivers from kmod-nvidia. so i uninstall kmod-nvidia and reinstalled it. i rebooted the system and now all i get when it loads the OS is a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner of a blank screen.

Easy Rhino, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows recent update broke my whole system

1. Windows recent update broke my whole system - Similar Threads - recent update broke

2. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  3. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  4. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent windows 10 updates broke my computer: got some optional updates recently and i guess they just totally ruined my computer. i went to restart my pc because taskbar functions weren't working and it gave me an error message when i tried to open settings. now it's trying to auto repair over and over again with no...
  6. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recent windows 10 updates broke my computer: got some optional updates recently and i guess they just totally ruined my computer. i went to restart my pc because taskbar functions weren't working and it gave me an error message when i tried to open settings. now it's trying to auto repair over and over again with no...
  7. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

8. recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.: Ok, so today morning i did a restart for technical purposes and the next boot i noticed my color was desaturated and my gpu software said my gpu wasnt installed correctly, so i went to recovery mode and reverted the last update. and now here i am with yellow parts of my...
  9. Recent update broke my computer

Recent update broke my computer: A week or so ago, I updated windows with the most recent update. The next day I turn it on to use it and it started up fine, got to the login screen fine but when I logged in my desktop was gone, all I had was the tool bar on the bottom. When I would scroll my mouse down to...
  10. Recent update broke my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update broke my laptop?: So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't...