Windows 10: Windows recognition of a printer.

Discus and support Windows recognition of a printer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new printer that is exactly the same model as my old printer. When hooked up the new printer the Printer and Scanners list shows PRINTER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LaurelS., Jan 25, 2021.

1. LaurelS. Win User

Windows recognition of a printer.

I got a new printer that is exactly the same model as my old printer. When hooked up the new printer the Printer and Scanners list shows PRINTER XXXXXX and a new entry, PRINTER XXXX copy 1. If I hook up the old printer, the first entry goes online and print jobs go to it. But if I hook up the new exactly the same model printer, the first entry goes off line but the print jobs still go to it.

I tried removing the first entry but it reappeared.

Can someone help me sort this out?

tia

las

:)

LaurelS., Jan 25, 2021
  2. LemP Win User

Printer recognition

If you have Windows 10, you should have asked your question in the Windows 10 section rather than Windows 7.

I'll move this thread there.

Here are some step by step instructions for adding a printer in Windows 10.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-10/how-to-add-a-printer-in-windows-10/

If you need further assistance, please answer the questions:

1. What is the specific model of your Dell printer?

2. How is the printer connected and to what device is the printer connected? For example:

• Is the printer connected by USB cable to your desktop computer?
    • Is the printer connected by USB cable to another computer?
    • Is the printer connected by an Ethernet cable to a router?
    • Is the printer connected by wifi to a router?
      • If the printer is connected by Ethernet or wifi to a router, what is the make and model of the router as shown on the label on the back or bottom of that device?
    • Is the printer connected by wifi directly to your desktop computer?

3. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

How to use Speech Recognition in Windows

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Windows recognition of a printer.

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows recognition of a printer.

1. Windows recognition of a printer. - Similar Threads - recognition printer

2. PLEASE do NOT remove speach recognition!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE do NOT remove speach recognition!: I just tied the new "Voice Access" application. Are y'all out of your mind?!!!Forgive my language but it just plain sucks! It only gets around 70% of the words, right, and it cannot be trained!You're going to force me to spend $700.00 on Dragonspeak. May I send you the bill?...
  3. PLEASE do NOT remove speach recognition!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE do NOT remove speach recognition!: I just tied the new "Voice Access" application. Are y'all out of your mind?!!!Forgive my language but it just plain sucks! It only gets around 70% of the words, right, and it cannot be trained!You're going to force me to spend $700.00 on Dragonspeak. May I send you the bill?...
  4. I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.: From the start, when i bought the laptop HP Pavilion 360, I am not able to use facial recognition option. It is showing as 'currently unavailable'. After this, recently I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner as well and showing the same reason. Both of them are showing...
  5. I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.

I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.: From the start, when i bought the laptop HP Pavilion 360, I am not able to use facial recognition option. It is showing as 'currently unavailable'. After this, recently I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner as well and showing the same reason. Both of them are showing...
  6. Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.: Its now happened with 2 different windows hello cameras. the software for facial recognition is not loading correctly. i have uninstalled many times and rebooted. Device name MyHome Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.1 GB usable...
  7. Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.

Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.: Its now happened with 2 different windows hello cameras. the software for facial recognition is not loading correctly. i have uninstalled many times and rebooted. Device name MyHome Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.1 GB usable...
  8. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  9. Printer recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer recognition in Windows 10: I have connected an older HP laser to Windows 10 computer.Device installs instantly as 'other device', is recognised as HP Printer, but does not appear in the printer devices list, and is not detected by a printer search.How can I move it into printer devices list from other...
  10. speech recognition issues and my printer

in Cortana
    speech recognition issues and my printer: A couple days ago I dabbled with Speech recognition and as a part of that asked that a copy of Common Speech Recognition Commands be sent to my cordless printer. Now, no matter what I send to my printer, be it a USPS label, or a simple WORD document, I get a page of those...