Windows 10: windows recognizes me as unknown user

Discus and support windows recognizes me as unknown user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Morning, Just a moment ago I tried to give a rank to my file, using detailing pane in windows explorer. When I tried to save it, it asked me to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamanthaDi, Nov 5, 2018.

1. windows recognizes me as unknown user

Morning,

Just a moment ago I tried to give a rank to my file, using detailing pane in windows explorer. When I tried to save it, it asked me to run the program as administrator, but it stuck saying that I don't have credentials for that.

Then I checked the security tab in its properties, and I found 2 unknown user with different name which I know nothing about. And I was recognized as one of them, so I could only read that file.

what happened ? I've signed in and even connected my account to this unit as administrator.

Any ideas ? Saman. windows recognizes me  as unknown user d5a4a08b-6fd1-4596-b0f1-7b892d682b4b?upload=true.png

:)

SamanthaDi, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Steve_809 Win User

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 5, 2018
  4. windows recognizes me as unknown user

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

windows recognizes me  as unknown user [​IMG]

putermaker, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

windows recognizes me as unknown user

1. windows recognizes me as unknown user - Similar Threads - recognizes unknown user

2. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  3. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  4. Unknown user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  5. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  6. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown user: I want to share a folder to other LAN-computers. Have Windows10 Home with all updates. When checking the users for that shared folder I discovered an unknown user ... how do I remove this guy? 147606
  7. Unknown users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown users: I've been having some issues with my laptop recently. I've noticed that often, when I try to turn it off, Windows tells me that there is another user still logged in and that closing down may cause them to lose work. I am the only user of my laptop, there are no other...
  8. Unknown User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404
  9. unknown user

unknown user: My daughter just tried to turn on her computer, she got a strange user name asking for password. The user name is jamey jamme ,, whats going on . if a password is enterd it says to go to account.live.com. but cant pas log in screen.. abd cant do it anyway because we dont have...
  10. Unknown User

Unknown User: Hi, I having errors in Event Viewer related to DCOM regarding permissions. I have been trying to find those APPID in Regestry and changing Ownership, and giving "Full Rights" to Administrator. On that Permissions Screen there is a Unknown User {1-xxxxx}. I think this...