Windows 10: Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic

Discus and support Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I use my mic to record, it picks up all other noise that would come through my headphones. So not only is my voice recorded but so is everyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nick_WK, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Nick_WK Win User

Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic

Whenever I use my mic to record, it picks up all other noise that would come through my headphones. So not only is my voice recorded but so is everyone else's voice that is coming through my headphones, even when the volume of the headphones is 0. I have made sure the "Listen to this Device" box in the "Levels" tap of the specific Mic in "Recording Tabs" is unchecked. Tried making changes underneath the "Communications" Tab in the "Sound" window but to no avail.

I just want the computer to recognize that the sound being inputted through the Mic is the only sound that is recorded.

:)

Nick_WK, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Page Hite Win User

Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 30, 2018
  4. Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic

Sound Recorder isn't Working!

I have the same problem, only in my case the mic works fine with Skype only. The windows voice recorder is not recording any sound. The mic is also not working with Viber desktop or any other messenger app like the online FB messenger page. Any suggestions?

Omarvelling, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic

1. Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic - Similar Threads - recording sounds record

2. Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all: I have read someone else's question having the exact same problem from back in 2021 on windows 10 here but I have tried what was suggested in the thread and had no success. looking at my recordings it seems like the problem started on December 19th 2022 because I have 2...
  3. Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all: I have read someone else's question having the exact same problem from back in 2021 on windows 10 here but I have tried what was suggested in the thread and had no success. looking at my recordings it seems like the problem started on December 19th 2022 because I have 2...
  4. Mic not recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not recording: Hi there, I have been using my AKG earphone as a mic and another headphone for sound output for like a year and suddenly the mic it stopped working. I thought it was just the mic broken so I bought another one and plugged in but it did not work. Windows recognize the mic...
  5. Headset Mic not displayed in Sound: Recording!

Headset Mic not displayed in Sound: Recording!: Hi, this may be confusing at first, but I will try my best to explain. I have been dealing with my mic volume being low on my laptop ASUS ROG STRIX 17.3” Gaming Laptop I went out and decided to buy a pair of headsets Onikuma K9 I plugged the headsets in and the mic will not...
  6. No sound when recording

No sound when recording: How do I get my external speakers to work when I'm recording from line-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-recording/cb524f1e-618b-40fa-99f6-b15f9bc90eae
  7. All mic recordings are blunted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All mic recordings are blunted: I have two microphones. The PC mic and a headset mic. Regardless of which one I used while recording, the sound cuts up and down. For example if I talk in my regular voice and slowly ascend up in octaves, the transmission output will jump from normal voice to high pitch,...
  8. Game DVR stops recording mic whenever i alt tab, wanting to record all sounds coming in....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game DVR stops recording mic whenever i alt tab, wanting to record all sounds coming in....: Title. submitted by /u/greenfiretornado [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgbtdo/game_dvr_stops_recording_mic_whenever_i_alt_tab/
  9. Mic detected but doesn't record sound.

Mic detected but doesn't record sound.: Recently I decided to use my headset for recording purposes. I haven't used it in over 9 months until now. Everything connects and works normally except for the mic. It detects when the mic is plugged in, but doesn't record any audio. Please don't give me stereo typical "Mic...
  10. Gamebar not recording all sounds??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar not recording all sounds??: So, when I record any games like Phantom Forces or Heroes and Generals using Gamebar, most of the time, it doesn't record the shots when you fire the gun. Is there a way I can insert a video in here as an example?...