Windows 10: Windows recovery drive options don't work

Discus and support Windows recovery drive options don't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I created windows 10 system image of my desktop on an external hard drive and no matter what method I use to try to restore it I get stopped at the "To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CMinichiello, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Windows recovery drive options don't work

I created windows 10 system image of my desktop on an external hard drive and no matter what method I use to try to restore it I get stopped at the "To restore this computer, Windows needs to format the drive that the Windows Recovery environment is currently running on. To continue with the restore, shut down this computer and boot from a Windows installation disk or a system repair disk and then try the restore again."screen. I am installing a new 1TB SSD which is recognized in the BIOS, and using a Windows recovery drive

:)

CMinichiello, Nov 24, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Valeriu Win User
    Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Windows recovery drive options don't work [​IMG]

Valeriu, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Ethelwulf Win User

Windows recovery drive options don't work

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10  

Thank you so much For this Windows recovery drive options don't work :)

Ethelwulf, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows recovery drive options don't work

1. Windows recovery drive options don't work - Similar Threads - recovery drive options

2. PC STUCK WITH ONLY RECOVERY NO OTHER OPTION WORKS EVEN RECOVERY ITS SELF THE OPTIONS DON'T...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC STUCK WITH ONLY RECOVERY NO OTHER OPTION WORKS EVEN RECOVERY ITS SELF THE OPTIONS DON'T...: Toshiba satellite pro c50 I want to fix my pc stuck in recovery mode and even recovery it's self the modes don't work please help me I tried but after multiple tries in advanced Options now it doesn't work or even try to load to advanced Options. Um stuck in recovery mode no...
  3. PC STUCK WITH ONLY RECOVERY NO OTHER OPTION WORKS EVEN RECOVERY ITS SELF THE OPTIONS DON'T...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC STUCK WITH ONLY RECOVERY NO OTHER OPTION WORKS EVEN RECOVERY ITS SELF THE OPTIONS DON'T...: Toshiba satellite pro c50 I want to fix my pc stuck in recovery mode and even recovery it's self the modes don't work please help me I tried but after multiple tries in advanced Options now it doesn't work or even try to load to advanced Options. Um stuck in recovery mode no...
  4. My windows recovery environment options don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows recovery environment options don't work: Recently, I had to perform a clean install of windows 11 on my HP pavilion 13 laptop because it encountered an unmountable boot volume error.I used a USB to perform this install, and everything went mostly smoothly. I had to download a driver from HP in order to view my...
  5. My windows recovery environment options don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows recovery environment options don't work: Recently, I had to perform a clean install of windows 11 on my HP pavilion 13 laptop because it encountered an unmountable boot volume error.I used a USB to perform this install, and everything went mostly smoothly. I had to download a driver from HP in order to view my...
  6. Windows recovery drive options don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery drive options don't work: I created windows 10 system image of my desktop on an external hard drive and no matter what method I use to try to restore it I get stopped at the "To restore this computer, Windows needs to format the drive that the Windows Recovery environment is currently running on. To...
  7. Windows recovery drive options don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery drive options don't work: I created windows 10 system image of my desktop on an external hard drive and no matter what method I use to try to restore it I get stopped at the "To restore this computer, Windows needs to format the drive that the Windows Recovery environment is currently running on. To...
  8. Unable to start windows, repair & recovery options don't work

Unable to start windows, repair & recovery options don't work: The computer is not starting anymore. It is my children computer and I am not sure what caused it. How can I boot the windows 10 in safe mode? I get error code 0xc000007b. How can I fix it. Thanks for the help. Blaise...
  9. Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working: Hello all I hope someone can help please. I have never seen a solution to this problem (in mutiple years and versions of Windows) and for the life of me don't understand MS would provide functionality that doesn't work by default. The picture below is the result of copying...
  10. Recovery disk don't work

Recovery disk don't work: Hi, Was planning to move partitions around, so I took time to make a recovery disk on usb. And since Murphy was around, Windows wouldn't boot. So I put the usb drive in, won't boot. If someone can explain why (Windows 10 was healty at time, included system files, SFC had...