Windows 10: Windows Recovery Environment Does Not Accept Passwords

Discus and support Windows Recovery Environment Does Not Accept Passwords in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When accessing a tool like Command Prompt or System Restore in Windows Recovery Environment, I click my user name, type in my password, and then an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PilotRain942054, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Windows Recovery Environment Does Not Accept Passwords

When accessing a tool like Command Prompt or System Restore in Windows Recovery Environment, I click my user name, type in my password, and then an error message says "The password is incorrect". This is because I sign into my PC using my Microsoft Account, which Windows Recovery Environment does not accept passwords at all even my Microsoft Account password is correct. Has this change happened on Windows 10 version 1903?

:)

PilotRain942054, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Thelps Win User

Windows does not accept login password from Recovery Environment

Windows 10 won't accept my login password from the Recovery Environment. That's the blue screen with options such as Repair Installation.

This is despite Windows accepting the same password to log me into the OS from the main login screen at system startup.

I am using the same account to login into the Recovery Environment.

Can anyone advise as to the cause of this error and how to fix it without Resetting the OS install?

Thelps, Oct 31, 2019
  3. curt jugg Win User
    New Microsoft password rejected in the Recovery Environment

I changed my Microsoft account password last April. Now, when on my desktop computer I go into the Recovery Environment and try to use System Restore, my new password is rejected and I have to use my previous password in order to proceed further. My new password is accepted, though, when logging on to the same computer. Strangely enough, I don't have this problem if I use System Restore on my laptop computer. I'd be grateful for any advice as to how I can get my desktop computer to accept my new password in the Recovery Environment.

curt jugg, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Windows Recovery Environment Does Not Accept Passwords

Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows Recovery Environment Does Not Accept Passwords

1. Windows Recovery Environment Does Not Accept Passwords - Similar Threads - Recovery Environment Does

2. Recovery Environment password is always wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Environment password is always wrong: I am locked out of Windows CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and I want to reset Windows 10 and keep my files, but I cant access safe mode. All I can access is the RE, but it asks me for a password to do anything except startup settings which dont work, all of them take me to the "your...
  3. Recovery Environment password is always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Environment password is always wrong: I am locked out of Windows CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and I want to reset Windows 10 and keep my files, but I cant access safe mode. All I can access is the RE, but it asks me for a password to do anything except startup settings which dont work, all of them take me to the "your...
  4. Recovery Environment password is always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Environment password is no longer accepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Environment password is no longer accepted: Het wachtwoord voor een locale omgeving wordt niet meer geaccepteerd. (Numlock, taalkeuze etc al gecontroleerd) Wel kan ik via een microsoftaccount op de laptop komen. Als ik dan naar gebruikersaccount surf om daar het betreffende account te wijzigen kom ik op hetzelfde...
  6. Recovery Environment Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Environment Password Incorrect: Hello all, For the past few weeks I've been having issues with booting my Asus laptop. There has been a few ongoing problems with drivers and windows update. But thats another story. Ultimately I'm in the recovery environment trying to refresh the windows install on my...
  7. Windows 10 password, including Windows Recovery Environment

Windows 10 password, including Windows Recovery Environment: My wife is marginally technically literate and I am trying to help solve a problem with her computer. A few months after she bought her computer in 2018, she set up login details for her user account which is the only one on the computer. First she set up the fingerprint...
  8. Password not accepted in CMD recovery menu

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password not accepted in CMD recovery menu: Hello, Everything is fine on my pc and i came across an "issue" today as i was helping a friend remotely. The issue is that i rebooted my windows 10 laptop and went to CMD by clicking SHIFT+restart -->Advanced Options---CMD. Once there it showed my name as i have it on my...
  9. Windows Recovery Environment password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Recovery Environment password: Windows Version 1903 Build 18362.175; Dell 8930 Please note I have searched through past postings on Windows passwords but none answer my problem. A month ago my Win10 Dell computer wouldn't boot. It took me to Windows Recovery Environment that required a password. Trouble...
  10. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: @Saltgrass just not sure what setting some of the Reagentc entries to "0" actually did. Both Winre.wim and Reagent.xml are under: C:\Windows\System32\Recovery If contains all 0's. ReAgentc will search for the Recovery Partition identified by ID type...