Windows 10: Windows Recovery Environment issue

Discus and support Windows Recovery Environment issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; then backup religiously with Macrium Reflect so you can get yourself out of trouble if Needed...and make the RESCUE disk...very important for Macrium.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bromberg, Sep 21, 2016.

1. bromberg Win User

Windows Recovery Environment issue

Actually, I recently started using Macrium Reflect but now I'm confused why you say that the rescue disk "is very important for Macrium". If I have Macrium's backup of my system where/how does the rescue disk come into play?
    Thanks for your replies,
    Dan

bromberg, Sep 23, 2016
  2. Kbird Win User

Because if you can't boot Windows , Macrium's BootDiskRescue Disk will let you either Re-Image from a backup to recover or you maybe able to use it's "fix windows Boot " tool if you screw up playing with BCDEDIT while outside Windows. Macrium without the Rescue Disk is only 1/2 the Tool.

Another good tool to have is Kyhi's BootDisk ...it includes Macrium and MiniTool Partition Wizard and many other Apps , it is available right here on !0 Forums ...I use the 160707 Version.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

KB.

Kbird, Sep 23, 2016
  3. bromberg Win User
    Thanks, KB.
    I'll play around with Kyhi's BootDisk as you recommended to see what it has to offer above and beyond Macrium.
    With appreciation,
    Dan

bromberg, Sep 28, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Glad I could help , if you like to Tinker some of Kyhi's other tools in the Thread's 1st page maybe useful too.

KB.

Kbird, Sep 28, 2016
  5. bromberg Win User
    bromberg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Recovery Environment issue - Similar Threads - Recovery Environment issue

2. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...
  3. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...
  4. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery environment: When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery system" it just restarts and goes back to the same menu. How do I fix this?...
  6. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery environment: When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery system" it just restarts and goes back to the same menu. How do I fix this?...
  7. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows Recovery environment

Windows Recovery environment: I booted my pc today to a bsod with the error code Bad_system_config_info i have no idea what to do im kinda just lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-environment/90f7bd3e-2ad9-4618-a966-ed7545fb7dd4
  9. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: Recently my asus fx 505 laptop had errors so i decided to reinstall a new windows 10 with a flashdrive. I was wondering if there was any way i could recover my previous windows recovery environment or factory reset point from the windows.old after reinstalling a new windows...
  10. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: @Saltgrass just not sure what setting some of the Reagentc entries to "0" actually did. Both Winre.wim and Reagent.xml are under: C:\Windows\System32\Recovery If contains all 0's. ReAgentc will search for the Recovery Partition identified by ID type...