Windows 10: Windows recovery environment troubleshoot

Discus and support Windows recovery environment troubleshoot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG][IMG]why do i only get these options ? my pc just crashed and doesnt let me to boot into windows it takis me to this page always please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by salostark, May 1, 2020.

1. salostark Win User

Windows recovery environment troubleshoot

Windows recovery environment troubleshoot [​IMG]Windows recovery environment troubleshoot [​IMG]why do i only get these options ? my pc just crashed and doesnt let me to boot into windows it takis me to this page always please help me

:)

salostark, May 1, 2020

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 1, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to access Windows Recovery Environment normally

Some entries in the bcd for the recovery environment is either corrupted or missing. To fix the problem, you;d need to rebuild the entries for the recovery environment.
    Here's the steps:
    1. Turn on folder options to show hidden files/folders. Open admin command then type: reagentc /disable
      - This will move 2 files from the recovery partition reagent.xml and winre.wim to C:\windows\system32\recovery
    2. If you have the Windows 10 ISO, double click on it to mount to a virtual cd/dvd else If you have the Windows 10 USB then navigate to Sources folder and look for install.esd or install.wim.
    3. Use 7-ZIP to open install.esd or install.wim, select and index. eg. 6 then navigate to Windows\system32\recovery. You'd see 2 files: Winre.wim and reagent.xml.
    4. Remove everything from C:\windows\system32\recovery (ie. your current winre.win and reagent.xml)
    5. Copy the new winre.wim and reagent.xml from the install.esd/install.wim to C:\windows\system32\Recovery
    6. From admin command, type: ReAgentc /enable
    Reboot to recovery. This will also fix the problem with shutdown /r /o

topgundcp, May 1, 2020
  4. Freya009 Win User

How to Backup Personal Files from Windows Recovery Environment

Are these steps applicable to backup files from the Windows Recovery Environment on Windows XP as well?

Freya009, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows recovery environment troubleshoot - Similar Threads - recovery environment troubleshoot

2. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...
  3. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...
  4. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery environment: When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery system" it just restarts and goes back to the same menu. How do I fix this?...
  5. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery environment: When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery system" it just restarts and goes back to the same menu. How do I fix this?...
  6. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows Recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery environment: I booted my pc today to a bsod with the error code Bad_system_config_info i have no idea what to do im kinda just lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-environment/90f7bd3e-2ad9-4618-a966-ed7545fb7dd4
  8. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: Recently my asus fx 505 laptop had errors so i decided to reinstall a new windows 10 with a flashdrive. I was wondering if there was any way i could recover my previous windows recovery environment or factory reset point from the windows.old after reinstalling a new windows...
  9. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: @Saltgrass just not sure what setting some of the Reagentc entries to "0" actually did. Both Winre.wim and Reagent.xml are under: C:\Windows\System32\Recovery If contains all 0's. ReAgentc will search for the Recovery Partition identified by ID type...
  10. Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment: How to: Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment How to Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment [img] Information Windows failing to boot can be a daunting experience, the Recovery environment built into Windows 10...