Windows 10: Windows Recovery environment

Discus and support Windows Recovery environment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I booted my pc today to a bsod with the error code Bad_system_config_info i have no idea what to do im kinda just lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WolfClips, Jan 31, 2021.

1. WolfClips Win User

Windows Recovery environment

I booted my pc today to a bsod with the error code Bad_system_config_info i have no idea what to do im kinda just lost

:)

WolfClips, Jan 31, 2021

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 31, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to access Windows Recovery Environment normally

Some entries in the bcd for the recovery environment is either corrupted or missing. To fix the problem, you;d need to rebuild the entries for the recovery environment.
    Here's the steps:
    1. Turn on folder options to show hidden files/folders. Open admin command then type: reagentc /disable
      - This will move 2 files from the recovery partition reagent.xml and winre.wim to C:\windows\system32\recovery
    2. If you have the Windows 10 ISO, double click on it to mount to a virtual cd/dvd else If you have the Windows 10 USB then navigate to Sources folder and look for install.esd or install.wim.
    3. Use 7-ZIP to open install.esd or install.wim, select and index. eg. 6 then navigate to Windows\system32\recovery. You'd see 2 files: Winre.wim and reagent.xml.
    4. Remove everything from C:\windows\system32\recovery (ie. your current winre.win and reagent.xml)
    5. Copy the new winre.wim and reagent.xml from the install.esd/install.wim to C:\windows\system32\Recovery
    6. From admin command, type: ReAgentc /enable
    Reboot to recovery. This will also fix the problem with shutdown /r /o

topgundcp, Jan 31, 2021
  4. stonebato Win User

Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but it's not working.
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition
    set id

your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Windows Recovery environment [​IMG]

stonebato, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Recovery environment - Similar Threads - Recovery environment

2. Recreating and enabling the recovery environment WinRE from a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recreating and enabling the recovery environment WinRE from a recovery partition: I am trying to recreate my Windows recovery partition, and everything works until the end, but the agent shows as disabled right after I remove the letter that was assigned to the partition in order to execute the commands.Here's the full recipe:1. Select recovery partition...
  3. Recreating and enabling the recovery environment WinRE from a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recreating and enabling the recovery environment WinRE from a recovery partition: I am trying to recreate my Windows recovery partition, and everything works until the end, but the agent shows as disabled right after I remove the letter that was assigned to the partition in order to execute the commands.Here's the full recipe:1. Select recovery partition...
  4. Recreating and enabling the recovery environment WinRE from a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. stuck in windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck in windows recovery environment: my laptop was slow and i decided to reset it with keeping my files as it is. I had no internet connection and during the process of installing power went off and my laptop switched off and now when I turn it on its stuck in windows recovery environment. what to do?...
  6. stuck in windows recovery environment

stuck in windows recovery environment: my laptop was slow and i decided to reset it with keeping my files as it is. I had no internet connection and during the process of installing power went off and my laptop switched off and now when I turn it on its stuck in windows recovery environment. what to do?...
  7. stuck in windows recovery environment

8. Freezing while in Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing while in Windows Recovery Environment: For over 2 hours I tried to get my laptop to move past “automatic repairs”. I found the options to go into safe mode and I tried to do recovery, go to windows 10, reset but keep my files… but this stupid ****, problems I been having since it was 2 years old, fresh out of ****...
  9. Freezing while in Windows Recovery Environment

Freezing while in Windows Recovery Environment: For over 2 hours I tried to get my laptop to move past “automatic repairs”. I found the options to go into safe mode and I tried to do recovery, go to windows 10, reset but keep my files… but this stupid ****, problems I been having since it was 2 years old, fresh out of ****...
  10. Freezing while in Windows Recovery Environment