Windows 10: Windows recovery environment

Discus and support Windows recovery environment in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LiamZZ, Oct 26, 2022.

1. LiamZZ Win User

Windows recovery environment

When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery system" it just restarts and goes back to the same menu. How do I fix this?

:)

LiamZZ, Oct 26, 2022

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 26, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to access Windows Recovery Environment normally

Some entries in the bcd for the recovery environment is either corrupted or missing. To fix the problem, you;d need to rebuild the entries for the recovery environment.
    Here's the steps:
    1. Turn on folder options to show hidden files/folders. Open admin command then type: reagentc /disable
      - This will move 2 files from the recovery partition reagent.xml and winre.wim to C:\windows\system32\recovery
    2. If you have the Windows 10 ISO, double click on it to mount to a virtual cd/dvd else If you have the Windows 10 USB then navigate to Sources folder and look for install.esd or install.wim.
    3. Use 7-ZIP to open install.esd or install.wim, select and index. eg. 6 then navigate to Windows\system32\recovery. You'd see 2 files: Winre.wim and reagent.xml.
    4. Remove everything from C:\windows\system32\recovery (ie. your current winre.win and reagent.xml)
    5. Copy the new winre.wim and reagent.xml from the install.esd/install.wim to C:\windows\system32\Recovery
    6. From admin command, type: ReAgentc /enable
    Reboot to recovery. This will also fix the problem with shutdown /r /o

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2022
  4. stonebato Win User

Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but it's not working.
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition
    set id

your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Windows recovery environment [​IMG]

stonebato, Oct 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows recovery environment - Similar Threads - recovery environment

2. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  3. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  4. How do you enable the windows recovery environment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you enable the windows recovery environment?: When we type reagentc/enable we get this message: the Windows RE image was not found? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-enable-the-windows-recovery-environment/3c942b48-d899-4c49-ab3d-2c5dd4328987
  5. How do you enable the windows recovery environment?

How do you enable the windows recovery environment?: When we type reagentc/enable we get this message: the Windows RE image was not found? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-enable-the-windows-recovery-environment/3c942b48-d899-4c49-ab3d-2c5dd4328987
  6. Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was booting up, I got a BSOD. I force shut it down, and rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are as...
  7. Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment

Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was booting up, I got a BSOD. I force shut it down, and rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are as...
  8. Dell laptop stick in recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop stick in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was botting up, I got a bsod. I force shut it down, then I rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are...
  9. Dell laptop stick in recovery environment

Dell laptop stick in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was botting up, I got a bsod. I force shut it down, then I rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are...
  10. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...