Windows 10: Windows recovery Hardware upgrade, lost original windows.

Discus and support Windows recovery Hardware upgrade, lost original windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I got a laptop with windows 10 but due to configuration that was slow so i decided to upgrade the hardware with additional RAM and SSD. As the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MKSingh09, Jun 13, 2021.

1. MKSingh09 Win User

Windows recovery Hardware upgrade, lost original windows.

Hi All, I got a laptop with windows 10 but due to configuration that was slow so i decided to upgrade the hardware with additional RAM and SSD. As the device was already out of warranty I went to a local shop and got the hardware updated but in the process the guy created a recovery drive of my original stuff on the HDD and installed a windows on my new SSD which now show about to expire. I want to restore my Original windows back using Pen Drive or Hard disk. The recovery is on internal HDD of my system.my current C Drive is on SSD.I want to use the Recovery drive and reload original windows

:)

MKSingh09, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 13, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows recovery Hardware upgrade, lost original windows. - Similar Threads - recovery Hardware upgrade

2. hardware change lost upgrade to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware change lost upgrade to pro: I sent my laptop in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. They reset windows to Windows 10 Home. I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro then to 11. Now I can not get it to install without purchasing a new copy. There has to be an easy fix to this. It must happen fairly...
  3. hardware change lost upgrade to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware change lost upgrade to pro: I sent my laptop in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. They reset windows to Windows 10 Home. I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro then to 11. Now I can not get it to install without purchasing a new copy. There has to be an easy fix to this. It must happen fairly...
  4. hardware change lost upgrade to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade: Today I received my Lenovo M70s back from repair following an attempt to install a solid state drive. When started up a message is displayed telling me the pin has been lost due to the hardware update. I select "Set a pin" and I am asked to sign in to a Microsoft account that...
  6. Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade: Today I received my Lenovo M70s back from repair following an attempt to install a solid state drive. When started up a message is displayed telling me the pin has been lost due to the hardware update. I select "SEt a pin" and I am asked to sign in to a Microsoft account that...
  7. Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pin lost after hardware upgrade: Today I received my Lenovo M70s back from repair following an attempt to install a solid state drive. When started up a message is displayed telling me the pin has been lost due to the hardware update. I select "SEt a pin" and I am asked to sign in to a Microsoft account that...
  8. Recovery Of Original windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery Of Original windows in SSD: I want to add 240 GB SSD in my laptop which has a 1TB HDD and Windows 10 Home. After installing my SSD , can I get my original windows back?If yes, then how can i get it backPlease helpThank you....
  9. Window has failed to recovery, originally windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window has failed to recovery, originally windows 7 upgraded to windows 10: Hello, My pc has failed to recover and can't seem to find the recovery in the system. This was originally a windows 7 installation that was upgraded to windows 10 once it was offered. I note that there is a suggestion to download on to a usb a copy of windows 10 to reinstall....
  10. Original Factory Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Original Factory Recovery: I have a Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop that I did a clean install of Windows 10 TR 9926. Is there anyway to get back to Drive D: which has the original factory programs etc. on it and re install it and take off windows 10. Larry 4526