Windows 10: Windows recovery infinite loop

Discus and support Windows recovery infinite loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is stuck in an infinite windows recovery loop. I can't boot into safe mode. I have tried chkdsk commands bootrec etc. Legacy boot results in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LandmarkBaton11, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Windows recovery infinite loop

My laptop is stuck in an infinite windows recovery loop. I can't boot into safe mode. I have tried chkdsk commands bootrec etc. Legacy boot results in the windows recovery loop and the uefi boot displays this message ''hardware scan complete with no issues. No bootable devices were found! Possible causes could be a corrupt os image or a boot device is not enabled in bios setup.'' I was using windows 10 32-bit with latest 1903 updates and it was activated with a digital license.
    Reinstalling windows also results in error after 65%.

If I get another copy of windows 10 for my laptop will I still be able to activate it and will my digital license be valid? And my processor and other hardware is 64 bit capable can I switch to 64 bit now. And why can't I access my product key using the cmd from recovery environment. The command wmic path softwarelicencingservice get........ Results in an error while it used to work before.

Please also suggest some solution for this loop that has worked before.

:)

LandmarkBaton11, Sep 28, 2019
  2. copiman Win User

Infinite Repair Loop

I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode.

Have tried startup repair
    bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot
    chkdisk

I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums and tried it. on step 13 it said "The file sizes presented here are approximate estimations, and may vary depending on your system. If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive."

Of course everything was 0-byte.*Mad

I would assume its toast and I would need to do a clean install, or maybe a repair install or something else? Not sure what is the best action at this point. Need advice.

copiman, Sep 28, 2019
  3. NUV
    Nuv Win User
    ati2dvag infinite loop error

I have

Processor:
    • AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ (Brisbane)
    • Core Volt:1.336 V
    MotherBoard:
    • Model- RS690-SB600
    • Chipset Ati
    Bios:
    • Pheonix Technologied Ltd.
    • Version 6.00PG
    Graphics card:TechPowerUp

I am getting a blue screen saying (as far as i can remember)

Code: The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2dvag The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop[/quote] Any solution to this problem ?

4. JohnC Win User

Windows recovery infinite loop

Infinite loop of startup repair

Welcome to Ten Forums, Goonsoon. If your windows 10 is activated you can clean install it and it will automatically activate again. You may want to consider that if the situation is an infinite loop of startup repair. This is from the tutorial forum. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html . Just follow the steps, sometimes the only thing to do is start over.

JohnC, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows recovery infinite loop

1. Windows recovery infinite loop - Similar Threads - recovery infinite loop

2. Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.: I've been dealing with an infinite boot loop since July. Upgraded my motherboard tonsolve a usb disconnect issue, and i was awarded with a boot loop issue instead. Injust fealt with it as at least my usbs devicesnwouldnt randomly and rapidly connect andndisconnect until a...
  3. Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.: I've been dealing with an infinite boot loop since July. Upgraded my motherboard tonsolve a usb disconnect issue, and i was awarded with a boot loop issue instead. Injust fealt with it as at least my usbs devicesnwouldnt randomly and rapidly connect andndisconnect until a...
  4. Infinite BIOS/UEFI and Recovery mode Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite BIOS/UEFI and Recovery mode Loop: This has been bothering me for months now. My computer will work for a few days Windows 11 and then after a few days, it will stop working. It's a brand new computer. I purchased it after my old computer ran into some malware/virus/rootkit type issues. Possibly it was...
  5. Infinite BIOS/UEFI and Recovery mode Loop

Infinite BIOS/UEFI and Recovery mode Loop: This has been bothering me for months now. My computer will work for a few days Windows 11 and then after a few days, it will stop working. It's a brand new computer. I purchased it after my old computer ran into some malware/virus/rootkit type issues. Possibly it was...
  6. Windows infinite loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows infinite loop: I’ve been dealing with these problem for a while now i had to download windows 10 because I click something wrong while resetting it and when I finished downloading it on another laptop i booted up my pc and download windows 10 but when it’s restarting it keeps showing the...
  7. Windows infinite loop

Windows infinite loop: I’ve been dealing with these problem for a while now i had to download windows 10 because I click something wrong while resetting it and when I finished downloading it on another laptop i booted up my pc and download windows 10 but when it’s restarting it keeps showing the...
  8. Windows infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 Infinite Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Infinite Loop: I have a legion Y520 laptop. After shutting it down once, I got the blue screen that says “your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”. It gets stuck at 100% so I restart it and automatic repair begins. Everything I try besides restarting the laptop brings me back to the...
  10. A series of problems resulted in infinite recovery loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A series of problems resulted in infinite recovery loop: Initially I was getting failure during the driver install phase. I removed a few old unused drivers and updated other ones and eventually got past this problem. The initial boot went fine, but graphics were in the tubes. Dual monitor wasn't working, and resolution was...