Windows 10: Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider

Discus and support Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG] so here the thing, i had my daily windows 10 installed on Disk 0 (SSD) (C: OS 10), and i installed more windows on the same device (dual boot)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YDHM, Dec 16, 2018.

1. YDHM Win User

Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider

Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider [​IMG]

so here the thing, i had my daily windows 10 installed on Disk 0 (SSD) (C: OS 10), and i installed more windows on the same device (dual boot) on Disk 1 (Harddisk) and become insider ( i shrink and create new partition from E: SAFE partition ), after long use, i decide to remove the new windows ( insider one ), by removing boot of the new windows on System Configurtion and removing the main windows 10 partition that i create by shrink the E: partition. then i want to remove the unknown partition ( i dont know the partition is from my daily windows or from my insider windows and i forget the 2 unknown partition is already exist before i install new windows or not) (red circle and blue circle on the picture), i need you guys help, are the 2 partition is needed for my daily windows or if that from my new windows ( insider ) can i delete it? and how? Thanks

Sorry for my bad english

:)

2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Dec 16, 2018
  4. more123 Win User

How to use the stock recovery partition to create a Windows image in BIOS.

Hi guys.
    I have a laptop computer with only a recovery partition (Operating System -Win7HP- has been wiped out). My question is instead of installing a fresh copy of Windows, I was wondering if there is a way to compress or copy the factory recovery partition into an .iso image file and use a Windows recovery tool to re-image the HD with the result image. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Best regards,

more123, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider - Similar Threads - Recovery OEM partition

2. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  3. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  4. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Recovery Partition

Windows Recovery Partition: As you can see in the image below, the Recovery partition automatically revealed itself. Now I want to hide it but there is now that I can do that. There is only a 'Help' option in Disk Management to that partition. I try to do that through CMD using Diskpart but when...
  6. Recovery Partition on Windows

Recovery Partition on Windows: Hi, I'm using Acer Predator Triton 500 and I had an issue regarding not being able to launch the factory default Predator Sense App. After trying every solution, I tried to restore the system to a time the app was functioning. In the process, an error occurred and I could no...
  7. restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver: Hey, I backed up the recovery partition on my HP desktop computer to free up some space now need to recover the PC. My issue is I dont know how to put the recovery partition back so that I can run the recovery. Is there a simple solution to this problem? Any help would...
  8. Windows 10 OEM Partitions

Windows 10 OEM Partitions: I have 2 OEM partitions on my windows 10, Disk 0. Both are small; one 350MB and the other 450MB (drive G). The later is within 10% of being full and I am constantly getting a system message making me aware of this space issue. Please can anyone tell me what these partitions...
  9. Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?: Hi: Will Win10 automatically "optimize" my SSD "Recovery" drive on schedule? I have reviewed this excellent tutorial (Optimize Drives Schedule Settings - Change in Windows 10) The System Drive and Data Drive are being automatically optimized (TRIM for the SSD and...
  10. OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop: I own an HP 14 AC 016ne. This laptop was shipped with Windows 8.1 originally. I had upgraded the Windows to Windows 10 pro with my own licence key that I had purchased separately. I had also resized my hard drive but I never changed or touched any other partitions on it....