Windows 10: Windows recovery options won't accept newly updated password!

Discus and support Windows recovery options won't accept newly updated password! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I couldn't remember my password for the email linked to my pc which I was asked to enter in order to run any recovery options when opening in recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HagridAintSmall, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Windows recovery options won't accept newly updated password!

I couldn't remember my password for the email linked to my pc which I was asked to enter in order to run any recovery options when opening in recovery mode. So I went to outlook.com and updated the password. Now my pc won't accept it?

My computer crashed during an update and I'm trying the uninstall update option.

submitted by /u/HagridAintSmall
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HagridAintSmall, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Nov 5, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 5, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Windows recovery options won't accept newly updated password!

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows recovery options won't accept newly updated password!

1. Windows recovery options won't accept newly updated password! - Similar Threads - recovery options won't

2. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  3. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  4. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  6. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  7. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Windows won't accept correct password

Windows won't accept correct password: Hello,I'm trying to convert the system drive from MBR to GPT, whatever that means, so I can enable Secure boot, so I can install Windows 11. So I found this option called mbr2gpt for which I need to troubleshootrestart my PC, then select command prompt and then... Then I need...
  9. Won't accept password in repair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Won't accept password in repair: I have signed into my MS account to get the recovery key. I enter that into the correct location and it then asks for the password that I am signed into MS on another computer - to get the key - and the repair won't accept the password. I am signed into MS already with...
  10. Laptop won't accept password

Laptop won't accept password: Can't log into laptop due to password not reconised say i need usb key to put reset code in but still wont accecpt password thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-password/0a9b3ec6-854e-4a20-9bde-ce113591cbb4