Windows 10: Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management

Discus and support Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Following the latest updates 18363.719 and 18363.720, I noticed that in the Volume list of Disk Management, the Windows Recovery partition created when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddelo, Mar 14, 2020.

1. ddelo Win User

Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management

Following the latest updates 18363.719 and 18363.720, I noticed that in the Volume list of Disk Management, the Windows Recovery partition created when clean installed Windows 10, was missing.
    It does show in the graphical representation of the drives, though.

Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management [​IMG]

When run reagentc /info to check recovery partition existence it shows as partition 4 and it also shows in diskpart

Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management [​IMG]

Any ideas?

:)

ddelo, Mar 14, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management

1. Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management - Similar Threads - Recovery partition missing

2. Partition / Volume disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition / Volume disk: I bought brand new laptopGot a Flash drive to move the Microsoft Windows installation.While I’m in the installation window, I’ve notice that the installer isn’t recognize my Disk.I followed some YouTube tutorials and clear my partition from the command list . Now, while I’m...
  3. Partition / Volume disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition / Volume disk: I bought brand new laptopGot a Flash drive to move the Microsoft Windows installation.While I’m in the installation window, I’ve notice that the installer isn’t recognize my Disk.I followed some YouTube tutorials and clear my partition from the command list . Now, while I’m...
  4. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  5. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  6. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management: In the screenshot below, you can see the highlighted partition on Disk 0 is not showing as a healthy recovery partition and is not shown listed above. This is a cloned Windows 10 installation taken from Disk 1 now labeled storage.However, in diskpart, disk 0, partition 4 of...
  7. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management: In the screenshot below, you can see the highlighted partition on Disk 0 is not showing as a healthy recovery partition and is not shown listed above. This is a cloned Windows 10 installation taken from Disk 1 now labeled storage.However, in diskpart, disk 0, partition 4 of...
  8. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

9. Recovery of windows and list volume partitions

Recovery of windows and list volume partitions: My body deleted windows 10 operating system off of his computer on accident. I am using a USB installation media to reload the operating system. However i have found that the partitions for his system are missing. i will list what i have found while in the Command prompt. I...
  10. Missing hidden partition label in disk manager.

Missing hidden partition label in disk manager.: 18363.693 and later version will not show the label of the hidden partition in disk manager. Microsoft confirms that this is a design change and will not affect any functions....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing volum e in diskpart

2. volume Recovery

3. list volume missing volume